Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 18

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, you're welcome! Hang in there.

B: Two eggs, three mushrooms and four silverbeet leaves, fried in the drippings from last night's chicken. Scrumptious.

L: Big-as Salad of lettuce, cucumber, olives, cheese, avocado, lemon juice, olive oil and meat from one leftover chicken thigh. Some (two? three?) fresh apricots. Two mini cheese balls (I said this was all gone but then I discovered a few more mini balls rolled in almonds).

S: Two enormous sweet strawberries. The very final mini cheese ball (final until I make some more, that is).

D: Takeaway Pizza toppings (fed the crusts to the birds. I suppose I ate a few bites, hoping not to suffer tomorrow). Salad (similar to lunch but without the chicken).

Fresh pineapple chunks. The best!

That doesn't really sound like a proper meal, but I actually was plenty satisfied by it. I know I would have regretted eating the pizza base so I just didn't. Quite a lot of fruit today - this time of year it's so tempting.

My toenails are possibly repairing themselves.

Blood pressure reading today: 125/74. This is the best I have EVER recorded, even in my twenties. Soooooooo pleased with myself.

At my gym reassessment today also found I have lost 1cm off each measurement - bust (), waist, each thigh, each arm.
    Weight 58kg.

My new routine is very cool, I won't be getting bored with that in a hurry so expect to be back in the gym more often while I learn it.

Definitely a lot of highlights today.

School's out for the summer! yay. Took my dd to the beach for a walk on the sand and paddle in the rock pools, it was gorgeous. A bit sunburnt, despite the sunscreen, oooh it's strong out there.

What a great day and then a beautiful evening tonight. Thankyou Lord.

B: Apple, cheese (slept in and had to be quick).
    S: Strawberries, cherries.
    L: Stirfry chicken, veges and cashews on rice.
    S: Almonds, cheese.
    D: Beef/onion/carrot casserole, new potatoes, lettuce. Fruit salad (pineapple/strawberries/apple) and whipped cream.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Wow Annie, good on you. Those measurements are amazing !!!!!
    My B/P has certainly improved since going primal
    have a great - rest of your day
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

B: Cheese omelette, bacon.
    L: Leftover beef casserole and new potatoes. Some chunks of fresh pineapple.
    S: Banana and cream. Almonds, prunes.
    D: More leftovers - casserole, potatoes and beans reheated together, roast pumpkin.

I still really like breakfast the best.

B: ham, silverbeet and cheese omelette.
    L: ham and cheese salad with lettuce, carrot, sundried tomatoes, olives, spring onions, lemon juice and olive oil. small chocolate waffle with lemon honey and strawberry slices. plum.
    S: banana berry coconut cream mousse with almonds and a prune.
    D: chicken drumsticks, roasted kumara. green peas. More mousse for dessert.

Lots of outdoor exercise today - moved a lot of compost around, spreading on the garden, rebuilding piles etc.

Then I took a bike ride for the first time in many many many years. It was actually kind of fun and I was gone for nearly an hour. Not all of that was cycling since I walked up the hills and stopped to smell the roses, literally. I also fell into conversation with some neighbours that I haven't spoken to in a long time, which would not have happened had I been driving.

So, a great start to my new year resolution of not replacing my car.

Food is great as usual but not quite completely primal since I have to cook for four at the moment and can't just always suit myself.

B: Bacon, eggs, fried leftover new potatoes, guacamole.
    L: Fresh (well supermarket-fresh, not garden-fresh) corn on the cob, butter, bacon, rice crackers with cheese, last slice of my Christmas cheese log. A couple of real (not dried) apricots.
    S: Fresh (as in garden-fresh) grapefruit juice on ice, after my gardening efforts.
    Later, a rare alcoholic drink that my dh made me, after my cycling efforts.
    D: Beef brisket casserole with onions and carrots, boiled new potatoes and butter, cauli and broccoli.

Oh yes, I seem to have dropped to 57kg now. The loss is gradual but has been continuing a long time. I keep thinking surely it will stop at some point, but the healthier I get the more energy I have the more exercise I do and even though I get hungrier the weight doesn't go back on. Still sticking mainly to primal foods, as I really don't want the sugar cravings, mood swings, bloating and other undelightful symptoms to return.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast