Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 16

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    B: skipped

L: skipped, but had a small piece of rice bubble slice.

Late lunch: fried mushrooms, capsicum, bacon and feta. Too many handsful of nuts because I was still not satisfied. Slice of chocolate cake and icing from last night's party.

D: fruity lamb chops and slow baked vegetables
    (carrots, broccoli, homegrown onion and broad beans, with orange chunks and a splash of soya sauce).
    Layered all in a roasting dish, covered and cooked in a slow oven for two hours, removed the cover halfway through cooking.

B: omelette and silverbeet.
    L: pastrami, apple, feta.
    S: raisins, cashews, dark chocolate.

And lots of cream cheese while preparing cheesecake filling to go with strawberries for dessert. By the time dessert rolled round I only ate strawberries, lol.

Dinner was roast lamb (supermarket special this week, I bought two) and roast pumpkin, steamed cauli and broccoli.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-26-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: add dinner

B: Cauliflower bubble and squeak
    L: Cold lamb and roasted pumpkin
    S: Cheesecake filling, chocolate
    D: Gluten free lasagne - layered with meat sauce, silverbeet, creamy cheese sauce.

It must be my glowing good health that made my friends suspect me of being pregnant - which I'm NOT. Little do they know what I eat that keeps me this bright. I've pretty well settled into three meals and a snack and it seems to be about right - approx 8.30am, noon, 3 or 4pm and 6 or 7pm.

B: Omelette with roast pumpkin and feta
    L: Bacon and Salad (lettuce, carrot, cheese, cucumber, olives - olive oil and lemon juice)
    S: Icecream (Berries, banana and cream), Dark Chocolate
    D: Ham steak and apple sauce, roasted kumara chunks.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-28-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Picked some broccoli stems first thing this morning to steam and eat with feta on top of my roast kumara omelette.

Ate a slice of my Mum's homemade poppyseed cake after my workout this morning (there goes my 20%).

Lunch was salad made of Havarti cheese, Eve apple, thick sliced ham and olives. But I was very hungry and ate several handfuls of raisins while mixing up a fresh batch of primal truffle balls. By the time I'd rolled them in coconut I'd eaten so much of the mixture that I can't face an actual truffle ball at least until tomorrow.

Headed back to the garden to bring in a fresh red cabbage, my first head of elephant garlic and an armload of lemons, which I turned into a kind of stirfry and served with oven-baked thick ham slices for dinner.

After all that, I felt a bit heavy footed on the netball court tonight, and we lost again - as usual.

Such a great time of year, having food direct from my garden - even though I really am not much of a gardener.

I harvested my first stalks of rhubarb today, stewed them with NZ wildflower honey and served with yoghurt, almonds and cream for my lunch. Followed by a mandarin from my friend's tree, a chunk of Havarti smoked cheese and truffle ball.

Mmmm, I have so missed rhubarb.

Why did the sugar cravings hit again today? I so have not missed that shaky 4pm feeling that makes me grab for the nearest sweets. It really wasn't till after I had succumbed to my fourth "favourites" chocolate bar that I realised what I had done.

I always feel hungrier on Fridays after netball Thursday night (I'm incredibly bad at it but I do give it my all). I had a great breakfast of two eggs with fried mushrooms, kumara, ham and garlic. And a truffle ball. Even though lunch was delicious I'm thinking there wasn't enough protein there to keep me going, which was why one snack led to another this afternoon. Or maybe I was just bored and lapsed back into old habits. Or maybe the truffle balls are too sweet. Or?

The good news is, dinner was primal - meat patty and salad - so I'm back on track. Maybe I just really needed that sugar.

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Your food sounds so yummy! I have to say thanks for having cucumber and olives in your salad the other day... that's what was missing from mine yesterday, yet I just couldn't think of what it was at the time! I must remember to pick up cucumbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zee View Post
    Your food sounds so yummy! I have to say thanks for having cucumber and olives in your salad the other day... that's what was missing from mine yesterday, yet I just couldn't think of what it was at the time! I must remember to pick up cucumbers.
    Thanks, Zee. I love cucumber, they have just come into season and I am enjoying them. I like to slice them to use instead of crackers for putting toppings on.

Olives do give a bit of substance to a salad, don't they.
    Last edited by Annieh; 12-01-2012 at 12:59 AM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    B: Two fried eggs, butter fried silverbeet and bacon.
    L: Chocolate pancake.
    D: Roast NZ lamb, roasted carrots and onion, buttery steamed cauliflower.

Snacks: truffle balls, ham slices, cheese, nuts and raisins.

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast