Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 13

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamaoftwins View Post
    Hubby is making dinner for the twins and him and Im eating something different. I had no clue what to make... until I thought.. I'll go stalk Annies journal. LOL You have alot of yummy meals posted. So glad you do. I now know what to make!.
    So what did you make?

Gwamma, don't you worry, I'm not trying to lose any more weight. But I don't want to regain any either, now that I actually have some nice fitting clothes. It's all about tweaking to strike a balance.

B: Omelette with cheese and silverbeet.
    L: Meat and vege soup - two very large bowls full. Apple and cheese slices.
    D: Mince, pumpkin, lettuce, sour cream. (Very boring, sorry. I had some good ideas for this but no time, so basic it had to be).

Snacks: more than a few cashews and a couple of primal truffle balls.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-15-2012 at 01:46 AM.

Mamaoftwins is offline Junior Member
    Well, I was all set to make the stuffed bacon wrapped chicken then got started and was just too tired. My brain was fried from work. So I fried it up in a little real butter and add parm. Cheese. Holy smokes. Yummy doesnt justify. So much better than the poptart (poptarts are my personal crack lol) I was eyeballing.

Still havent made it to the store for the truffles. Fingers crossed I can get there today. Going to grab some beef jerky too.

have a great day!
    ✼ Mamaoftwins ✼
    Discover Wildlife ~ Raise Twins!
    I live in the land of the giants! Hubby 6'6" Twins 6'5" me 5'4"

Sw ~ 153
    Cw ~ 153
    Gw ~ 130

See, when you start with primal ingredients you will usually end up with something deliciously edible no matter what you do.

I forgot to mention how much better I sleep now. No more bouts of 2am insomnia.

Chocolate waffles with cream for breakfast.

Only two problems - too sweet and not filling enough.
    So I made a pumpkin one as well, topped it with leftover mince and sour cream and tucked in. Too lazy/hungry to go pick some silverbeet to stack with it but that would have been excellent.

Now that's a breakfast to fuel an hour or so of work in my neglected garden.

My DH is letting me feed him primal more and more.

We don't really talk about it, he just presents himself at mealtimes and I pile real food on his plate, haha.

Today that was leftover mince and pumpkin with a massive salad and guacamole.

Now he might have taken the mince and pumpkin out of the fridge and warmed them up himself. I'm sure he would never have made himself a salad, but will gladly eat one if I make it.

Homegrown red cabbage casserole: Sliced leeks, cabbage, apple, sultanas. Angus sausages, split and browned in the frypan.

Put everything in a casserole dish, add some tasty broth found in the freezer (from before I knew about "reduction"), cover and bake for an hour or so.

DH and DD helped me eat it all up!

My dh received a compliment last night from someone who said he was looking "younger". After tossing round a few ideas of why this might be - haircut, his new jacket, her failing eyesight, lol - I said perhaps it was all the good food I was feeding him. His comment? "That should me making me fatter!".

I just giggled. Should, indeed. But it isn't. Maybe not skinnier either, but I sure think he's healthier. Less snoring for sure, and that's a benefit to me.

I forgot how good that butter chicken tastes. Served it tonight on a bed of butter fried green leeks and silverbeet.

Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast