Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 12

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Annie, that is what it is all about....family and friends appreciating you and what you are doing for them. He might not say it out loud (well I don't know if he does or not) but actions sometimes speak way louder than words !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Since I "went primal" for want of a better way of expressing it, I have been trying to bring him along too, all unsuspecting like.

I even bought him a lunchbox so I could send him to work with leftovers. He now has a pretty good reputation for being looked after/spoilt by me, which I am quite proud of. (He spoils me too, primarily by being the main breadwinner so I don't have to, and also by making me delicious hot peppermint chocolate drinks in the evening like he is doing right now. Anyway, I digress...)

However, today's action blew me away. He's always been happy enough to buy some hot chips or other worse fast food and I try not to think about it but just to keep plugging away with keeping the quality up at home. Evidently, it's beginning to pay off.

Planning primal meals is ever so much fun.

My food today, in case it gives you some ideas haha.

B: Grilled thick bacon, mushrooms sauteed in beef broth. Primal truffle balls.
    L: Fried egg, cucumber and guacamole wheels. Softserve icecream (blended berries, banana and real cream)
    S: Chilli cashews, dates, feta.
    D: Slow cooker lamb neck chops, happy mash (potatoes and carrots mashed together with butter).

Mamaoftwins is offline Junior Member
    Annie, Im interested in the primal truffle balls and guacamole wheels. Not sure what either of those are. LOL

Are the recipes on the site ? or are they yours?

Not sure what real cream is. Im not a milk drinker. Is that heavy whipping cream?

Can you tell Im new to the site. Im completely lost! LOL
    ✼ Mamaoftwins ✼
    Discover Wildlife ~ Raise Twins!
    I live in the land of the giants! Hubby 6'6" Twins 6'5" me 5'4"

Sw ~ 153
    Cw ~ 153
    Gw ~ 130

you actually give me lots of ideas for my DH, but I am trying to lose weight - not put it on !!!!!!! Too many second helping meals !!! LOL well done you
    G

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by Mamaoftwins View Post
    Annie, Im interested in the primal truffle balls and guacamole wheels. Not sure what either of those are. LOL

Are the recipes on the site ? or are they yours?

Not sure what real cream is. Im not a milk drinker. Is that heavy whipping cream?

Can you tell Im new to the site. Im completely lost! LOL
    Lol, yes I think your heavy whipping cream is the closest you will get to our real cream. We are so lucky that ours is ONLY cream, no additives or thickeners or fillers etc. You could also use coconut cream and vary the fruit (bananas are good as a sweetener and can hardly be tasted if you add other stronger flavours such as orange), add flavours such as cocoa, vanilla, cinnamon etc.

Guacamole wheels, wow i did make that sound fancy didn't I? All that is is slices of cucumber topped with dollops of guacamole (avocado, lemon juice, cayenne pepper mashed together). You could always add slices of tomato, cheese, salami or ham as well.

Primal truffle balls, yes I originally found the recipe on this site but I have lost it now. All I do is put the ingredients in the food processor and completely blend them. That is: coconut oil or butter, sultanas and/or dates, cocoa, coconut, vanilla essence and LSA (that is ground linseed sunflower and almond). Then I roll them in coconut and chill in the fridge. Quantities are completely random, it just depends on what I have.

When I get hungry I basically just assemble primal ingredients in various combinations and eat them! It's so much fun.

You can see my meal plans are quite high calorie, that's because I am actively trying to halt weight loss now. At first my meals were quite a bit simpler - 2eggs and silverbeet for breakfast, leftovers and salad or soup for lunch, meat and low carb veges for dinner. It worked a charm but now I need some extra fat and/or carbs, I am still experimenting to find how much I can get away with while keeping the sugar cravings away and my weight stable.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-14-2012 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    you actually give me lots of ideas for my DH, but I am trying to lose weight - not put it on !!!!!!! Too many second helping meals !!! LOL well done you
    G
    Yeah, sorry. I think I'll scale back a little tomorrow. I don't want to overdo and end up undoing all my good work, haha.

Thank you for the reply. Both those sound yummy. Going to the store today on my lunch break to grab some of this ingredients. Have a great day!
    ✼ Mamaoftwins ✼

Sw ~ 153
    Cw ~ 153
    Gw ~ 130

Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post
    Yeah, sorry. I think I'll scale back a little tomorrow. I don't want to overdo and end up undoing all my good work, haha.
    By the sounds of things Annie - you do not need to lose any ! You sound perfect the way you are !!!!!!

...small steps....

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hubby is making dinner for the twins and him and Im eating something different. I had no clue what to make... until I thought.. I'll go stalk Annies journal. LOL You have alot of yummy meals posted. So glad you do. I now know what to make!.
    ✼ Mamaoftwins ✼

Sw ~ 153
    Cw ~ 153
    Gw ~ 130

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast