Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Annie's Primal Highlights page 10

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Definitely a pork and bacon day today. Also, fed the family almost totally primal. Yay.

B: Streaky bacon and guacamole on eggs scrambled with mushrooms and diced pork. Made the same for my dh.
    L: More streaky bacon with a big-as salad (same for my dh and dd).
    S: Roasted almonds. Cheese chunks.
    D: Homemade pork "sausages", kumara roasted in bacon fat, buttered carrots and cauliflower. Dessert was peaches with homemade icecream (banana, orange, cocoa and cream).

I took part in a health survey today and now I feel ridiculously healthy. Answered numerous questions about my habits from visiting the dentist and doctor, which I am ever thankful to God that I seldom have to do, to alcohol, tobacco and drug use, all of which also have virtually no impact on my life.

The diet and exercise sections were hilarious - tick the foods I eat every day. I had to skip through the rice and bread at top of the list till I finally reached bacon. I couldn't tick beef and lamb only because I usually have one or the other, not both.

Then I had to own up to eating two servings of fruit per day and almost felt guilty, haha. Veges, the list stopped at 4 servings - I've had three already and it's not even dinner time yet.

Exercise I also felt guilty to admit that I haven't been for a brisk walk in the past 7 days and barely done anything classed as "moderate exercise". But I have done two gym classes of "vigorous exercise".

Then came the measurements. Height: 1.596m (talk about precise). Weight: 59.3kg.

Best of all, the researcher took my blood pressure in the most thorough way I have ever had it done - 3 readings a minute apart and take the average which was 127/72. I was rapt with that, despite all my other healthy habits I never had such a good result until I started the primal blueprint.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-05-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Soft freeze icecream for lunch.

I mean, honestly, primal food is just one treat after another.

badgergirl is online now Senior Member
    you're an inspiration, that's for sure.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60211.html Into RPG table top games? Check out FateStorm and (in development) Vanguard!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    I second, third and fourth that !!!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Quote Originally Posted by badgergirl View Post
    Why thankyou, Ladies.

Counting my bruises after a full on game of indoor netball this evening. That can count as my sprinting, I already went to Power class this morning so that's lifting heavy things, and yesterday went for a long walk with my friend which definitely was moving around slowly.

Does that mean I can stay home and play the piano tomorrow?

B: Streaky bacon, free range eggs scrambled with broccoli and roasted pumpkin.
    L: Homemade carraway leek soup (made with lamb broth, grated swede and roasted pumpkin).
    S: Dark chocolate sante bar, few grapes
    D: Slowcooker beef satay (onions/carrots/ginger/chilli/garlic/peanut butter), buttered cauliflower. Stewed apple, peaches and cream.
    Last edited by Annieh; 11-08-2012 at 01:18 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Annieh View Post

Does that mean I can stay home and play the piano tomorrow?
    oh yes please ! and post a video link, althou I still need to work out how to turn the sound on !!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

B: Silverbeet omelette with cheese and guacamole. Yum, yum, YUM.

L: Leftover Beef satay and a large salad of tasty things.

S: Was very hungry this afternoon - probably result of yesterday's netball game on top of my gym class. Anyway, since I weighed today at Mum's and am back to what I was at 17 before I finished growing, I went with it and gobbled some dates and half a banana. Then I made a smoothie from frozen berries, more banana and cream. There was too much so I froze some in moulds for my dd afterschool snacks. STILL hungry before dinner and had some chunks of cheese.

D: Chicken thigh, roasted kumara. Baked apple stuffed with dates, nuts and chocolate. Cream, again. Finally feel satisfied!

Made a wonderful (I hope) beef and vege soup for a bereaved family. It's so GOOD to know I am sending them something that really will help their bodies at this time of stress.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast