Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Isaac page 2

Kyle46N is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've only been in Biloxi for a year now, so this is my first possible hurricane. I know it's probably not going to be too bad other than a bunch of rain and storm surge causing some flooding, but it's too easy to worry.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle46N View Post
    I've only been in Biloxi for a year now, so this is my first possible hurricane. I know it's probably not going to be too bad other than a bunch of rain and storm surge causing some flooding, but it's too easy to worry.
    I see...
    First time!

You sounded a bit like a "foreigner".
    It's good to have a closet full of water and some tins of sardines, or whatever, "just in case"...
    But honest! There isn't much to worry about with a small storm.

People tend to underestimate the water they'll need and over estimate food.
    So, water. Water. More water.
    If you really think you'll be losing power... clean and fill your bathtubs and some 5 gallon buckets when the storm is hitting. And have bleach on hand. Remember that a little bleach goes a long way.
    Emergency Drinking Water

Food such as sardines, tuna, or other fish in oil, in easy to open packets or tins... if something happens you might not be able to find the darned can opener.
    Nuts, dried fruit, that sort of stuff if it can be reliably resealed.
    Also, nut butters... they are dense and don't spoil, so good in a pinch.
    Last edited by cori93437; 08-27-2012 at 09:07 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    oops double post

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i've been "lucky" in my history on the gulf coast b/c when i was a kid they would always hit LA, and we would get the clean side. So we would often lose power (b/c we lived in an area with a lot of trees) but no real damage from wind.

But Ike was the worst experience for me - 11 days without power! oh god it was so miserable in the condo with terrible airflow.

i know it's nothing compared to how people suffered so much in Florida, esp that one season where it seemed like it got hit like 5 times.

But i do dread the next storms and high winds - even though thousands of dead and dying trees have been removed due to the drought, they are still falling over. Really hoping no storms hit houston anytime soon.

hope you stay OK in MS.

One thing i do before a storm is brew a lot of coffee; i'll drink it cold the next day and it's good to know that there's some coffee in case you have no power. Might want to find a camping stove & get that ready.

other staples - beer and D-batteries (for a camping fan, radio, etc).

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    ahhhhh, watching the news?
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I haven't kept up with it. I hope everyone stays safe
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    It looks likes a huge and longlasting rainmaker, best of luck to all in its path.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12