Thread: Healthy pre-made soups? page

brucefleet is offline Junior Member

Healthy pre-made soups?

Primal Fuel
    Does anyone know of a healthy pre-made (canned) soup? Am I going to be banned from MDA for suggesting a canned food?
    Thanks!

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Sorry if this sounds sarcastic, but it's not: what's the reason for wanting canned? If it's time, make some soup one weekend in a huge batch, portion it in zip-top freezer bags (or tupperware, if you have a lot of them around) and freeze 'em. Then you just heat the portion(s) up when you want, just as you would the canned stuff.

But, if you must...

Amy's Organic soups are pretty good, and I believe they make primal-friendly ones. Their website is really good, showing all allergens and ingredients so you can make a good choice.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Seeing you can't even get a broth with under 5 ingredients and some sort of glutens, wheat and sugar in some form, I am very much doubting a canned soup is of any value.

But if you want a soup quick out of the can, dump a can of salmon into a small pot of boiling water, add chopped bock choy stems, boil it a couple of min, add the green part in, spice to taste with red pepper flakes and salt, and enjoy your single serving of goodness. Replace bok choy with any other pre-chopped veg of your choice.... The same can be done with sardines.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    If I put together my own pot of soup with primal ingredients and then can them, then they are still primal. Same as making tomato sauce and can it, or stew and can it, or cutting, blanching, and canning asparagus, etc. So, I don't see how canning food is necessarily non-primal.

Unless canned food is by principle non-primal. Then canned salmon and coconut milk would also be non-primal. And I am sure that most people here would be happy to say that canned salmon and canned coconut milk are primal foods.

I think it would be more important to check ingredients.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i think amy's organic tastes like crap, personally. pacific makes delicious organic soups, and several are primal. they even have a decent cream of mushroom soup.