Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What Book Are You Currently Reading? page 5

jaye is offline Senior Member
    I'm reading The Ethical Slut, How to Train a Wild Elephant, My name is Chellis and I'm in recovery from Western Civilization. Next up is Deep Economy.

drheather is offline Senior Member
    It Starts With Food

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The only one of those I haven't read is Why is Sex Fun, but I haven't been able to find a free copy yet. I'll keep looking.
    My library carries absolutely everything he's written, but I stalled on the civilizations book, all that touchy-feely stuff about Montana... very different from his other writings.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

hulahoop is offline Senior Member
    I've just finished The Help by Kathryn Stockett, I really enjoyed it. I liked the writing style and found it thought provoking. I haven't seen the film, not sure if it would live up to the book for me!

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    I have a huuuggggeeeee wishlist on Amazon filled with books.

I've been wanting to read a physical paperback lately, and something new, so I snagged Zodiac by Neal Stephenson from one of my parents' bookcases and will be starting that soon (tonight?).
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

snoops is offline Senior Member
    200 pages into Flashback by Dan Simmons. Thinking of shelving it. Anyone read and think I should continue?? Thanks.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    Just finished the First Law trilogy (The Blade Itself, Before They Are Hanged, and Last Argument of Kings), by Joe Abercrombie. Those were quite good. Before that I read Spellwright by Blake Charlton, which was just OK, kind of amateurish, but it's his first novel. I have the sequel from the library and I'll probably read it when I run out of novels. Right now I'm reading Magician: Apprentice, which is Raymond Feist's first fantasy novel.
    The Abercrombie books are great! He wrote a couple more, which were good but not as compelling as the original trilogy.
    I've been chewing through books since getting an iPad - that "one-click" book shopping on Amazon is going to be the death of my bank account. So far, loved the Deborah Harkness books (A Discovery of Witches and Shadow of Night) and got into Gillian Flynn too.

Seaglassgreen is offline Senior Member
    I just read Shanghai Girls by Lisa See, and next on the list is the sequel, Dreams of Joy. I recently discovered that I can get e-books from our library, so I've been reading lots lately!

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Recently finished: Chromophobia by David Batchelor
    Up next: The Sublime Object of Ideology by Slavoj Žižek

I wish I had time for a novel right now...even the time I log on here is when I am sick of trying to write my paper.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    The Case for Gold, by Ron Paul and Lewis Lehrman. Flame away, all who have no understanding of basic economics.
    I understand that I don't want productive activity and trade controlled by an arbitrary metal.

I'd heartily recommend Debt: The First 5,000 Years, but only if you're ready for a challenge.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast