Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Depending on my mood & where I am:

A Dance with Dragons
    Eating Mindfully: 2nd Edition
    High Five
    The Witch's Bane
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    half you guys read absolutely silly shit.
    every time we read your posts :-)

pow Zing!
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Just finished the First Law trilogy (The Blade Itself, Before They Are Hanged, and Last Argument of Kings), by Joe Abercrombie. Those were quite good. Before that I read Spellwright by Blake Charlton, which was just OK, kind of amateurish, but it's his first novel. I have the sequel from the library and I'll probably read it when I run out of novels. Right now I'm reading Magician: Apprentice, which is Raymond Feist's first fantasy novel.

I'm getting a little tired of fiction for the moment so I think I'll switch to some science/non-fiction when I'm done with it. If anyone has some suggestions for me I'd be glad to take them! I'd love to find a good introductory book on anthropology that's not too dry and academic...
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

JL22 is offline Junior Member
    (boring answer) The Primal Blueprint

Better answer: I tend to be in various stages of various books really, depending on how I feel. I've nearly finished Urijah Fabers "Laws of the Ring", I'm about a quarter through TPB, and I'm about halfway through Joe Abercrombie's The Heroes!

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I'm getting a little tired of fiction for the moment so I think I'll switch to some science/non-fiction when I'm done with it. If anyone has some suggestions for me I'd be glad to take them! I'd love to find a good introductory book on anthropology that's not too dry and academic...
    I loved Abercrombie, but I did not like the Heroes; loved the Best Served Cold though.
    Did you try the Gentlemen Bastards series by Scott Lynch? Great books.
    Bakker's Disiple Manning is great too, though I am split on his 1st trilogy, and loved the second.

As for non-dry anthropology and human development and civilizations, my vote goes to Jared Diamond, Third Chimpanzee, Guns, Germs and Steel, Why is Sex Fun...
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    Debt: The First 5,000 Years by David Graeber. Fantastic. An anarchist anthropologist, he takes to task both left and right, undermines the idea of the "barter system" (it basically never existed) and shows that credit came before money. That Adam Smith ripped off a Persian writer from several hundred years earlier. Recommended.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    The only one of those I haven't read is Why is Sex Fun, but I haven't been able to find a free copy yet. I'll keep looking.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

kitana is offline Senior Member
    Before the Dawn - Recovering the Lost History of Our Ancestors.

-- This author adds our growing knowledge and understanding of DNA to what we know about history and applies it to the evolution of modern man. Regardless of what you think of his conclusions, the evidence is fascinating.

The Poisoner's Handbook - a History of Forensics Medicine in Jazz Age NY

-- A series of 'whodunnits'. This was such an interesting read despite the dry title. The story follows the deveopment of the office of the Chief Medical Examiner as it goes from appointed relatives to an actual medical professional. It then illustrates the development of modern forensics methodology through the focus on solving deaths caused by poison (extremely hard to prove without modern chemistry and good crime scene processing).

Happy Reading!

Quote Originally Posted by Boneidle24seven View Post
    Into the Wild!
    Good book, good movie.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I just finished reading Gone Girl (Gillian Flynn), I choose this because it's something I would never read. It was OK.

I'm about 1/3rd of the way through The Dark Tower, for some reason, the book/series just doesn't hold my interest anymore.

I just started the Story of Edgar Sawtelle (book the wife liked), although I have had my eye on Game of Thrones which will be my next Kindle purchase.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast