Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I know you'll say everyone has to work out what's right for them but..... page

Dotty Byrd is offline Junior Member

I know you'll say everyone has to work out what's right for them but.....

Shop Now
    Hi, I've already cut out wheat and rubbish and lost a stone. I was exceptionally fit 15 years ago and used the zone diet and body for life programme so I know that the high protein thing works for me. Having hit 50, after 5 years of chronic stress I was 45lbs over weight, (I've lost 15) unfit and starting to hurt all the time. I gave up smoking 10 months ago and now have developed Asthma. That is what has led me to this site and I'm all ready to fully embrace the primal thing. I've ordered the books and am waiting for them to arrive so I need to know if I'm on the right track and I'm a bit scared of the fat thing. I walk my dog 7 hours a week, cycle 4 hours, other CV, 2 hours and hit the weights quite hard 3-4 times per week.

I had an eating disorder years ago so I have to be quite careful not to over restrict and trigger a problem. I am comfortable with my food which involves eating 4 times a day typically, Fruit for breakfast, Eggs mid morning and meat or fish and veg for the other 2 meals. Drinking plenty of water. That is 1500 calories and according to fitday is 38%fat, 37% carbs and 24%. With my activity and currently weighing 176lbs, I could probably eat 1800 calories a day so what do you think I should add to affect the ratios. Many thanks.

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    If you are cycling hard and hitting the weights hard (pushing PB each time) I would say your may be under-eating. Either way if you are loosing weight in a sensible way you are probably about right.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Mr. Joshua is offline Junior Member
    Are you saying 24% protien?

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Do you know what is giving you the asthma? I always thought I had no food intolerances but I have found that if I avoid eggs I don't get post-nasal drip and cough up phlegm all the time. I don't have asthma though.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

squat and deadlift, see how fast your condition improves

you guys see this shit? everyone wants this excuse and that, some microbiology here, some chemistry there, some nutrition, they bring in the experts,

BUT NO ONE WANTS TO SQUAT AND DEADLIFT OR DO ANY ACTUAL WORK

plz, look, i've had enough.

Oh yes sorry Mr Joshua, 24% protein.

sbhikes, you've done very well. Good for you. I had a serious chest infection earlier in the year which led to pneumonia. I started getting exercise induced asthma but now it's present all the time. I'm not convinced it is asthma but I don't understand enough about it. I've an appointment at the asthma clinic this week. I had eggs for the first time today in 4 weeks so I know that they are not a factor. I've just given up cows dairy and am trying goats.

Whoa, Return of the Dado, what upset you. I squat and deadlift. I trained for gladiators the last 2 years that it was on so I know hard work but thanks for your input.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    ^ ??

Anywho I agree that the total hours spent exercising (including walking dog) might warrant increasing calories by a couple 100s.

How do you feel? Do you feel starved or hungry?

I am not even sure what the question is. What are you aiming to achieve?

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    My "^??" was for return of the Dado.

Not quite sure what his rant was all about. smh

Lawyerchick. My longwinded question was really to do with ratio of protein, carb and fat and reassurance about eating too much fat. In theory if I added 300 calories of protein and carbs that would reduce the percentage of fat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast