Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I know you'll say everyone has to work out what's right for them but..... page 2

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawyerchick12 View Post
    ^ ??
    He's gone in the head, don't worry.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dotty Byrd View Post
    Lawyerchick. My longwinded question was really to do with ratio of protein, carb and fat and reassurance about eating too much fat. In theory if I added 300 calories of protein and carbs that would reduce the percentage of fat.
    Will kind of need to know your exact eating and cooking methods

I know u wrote about eating fruit for breakfast, couple of eggs, and meat or fish and veg for lunch and dinner

You also wrote your macros in percentages....having them in grams will be a better assessor for me and many here

So have many grams of fat do you eat? grams of carbs etc? what kind of meat and fish (some are fattier etc)

Are you petite? A lot of us petite gals fair better with higher fat lower carbs for weight loss and satiety peacefully co-existing

At any rate you seem like you are very much on the right track.

Mr. Joshua is offline Junior Member
    hmmm...do most people feel a need to count calories and calculate macros?

Dotty Byrd is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Lawyer Chick,

No, I'm 5'7" and a good build with decent muscle. 81 gms fat, 94 gms carbs and 103 gms protein. All lean meat and fish, no processed. I can't tolerate protein first thing which is why I have fruit then and eggs when I come back from dog walk/gym.

I feel like I'm on the right track and I'm feeling good. Thanks for your help.

Mr Joshua, I'm hoping not to once I can establish that I'm on the right track. I think I got concerned when I read some other negative posts and thought I would check where I'm at with it and put my typical day into the fitday counter. I should probably just keep doing what I'm doing as it's working ok.

Actually I just added in 300 calories of nuts and it changed it to Fat 109 gms Carbs 105 and Protein 111 so it's useful for that, I think.
    Last edited by Dotty Byrd; 08-27-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    As long as you are feeling good then that is all that counts...your ratios seem okay especially with your exercise you are getting. I will maybe on days that only involve walking the dog try to reduce the protein and carbs by 20 grams each and up your fat and see how you feel. But why fix something if it aint broken?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks everyone. I'm going to have a really clean first week and see where I'm at. Have a good week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12