Thread: Hello from Ontario page

highvibes is offline Junior Member

Hello from Ontario

Primal Fuel
    just postig my obligatory welcome post

I'm no stranger to primal eating (Atkins, WAPF and common sense!) but for some reason I have a really difficult time sticking to any lifestyle changes I know I should make. I am a 31yo, I have 2 great kids and I'm ready to be healthy. I have a significant amount of weight to lose, about 50lbs, but I have not weighed myself nor will I. My goal is to EAT and BE healthy and I'm hoping that eventually I'll notice my butt and thighs have the same idea ;p.

I'm not completely through my Primal reading, but for the sake of not "starting next week" or even "tomorrow" I will do primal as best as I know how to each day. So for now, I've dropped the grains and starchy-sugary fruits and veggies. I have a mini-goal this week of trying a new food or at least in a way I have not had it. I am eyeing spagetthi squash!

PrimalJayne is offline Junior Member
    Hi from New Zealand.

I'm a bit like you and have always found it hard to stick to any lifestyle changes long term. I'm hoping this will be different.

Like you I've also started this slowly, and have dropped the grains & breads and just yesterday dropped sugar. yay.

I'm still drinking a little dairy in my tea/coffee but if I do it all out I know I will fail - so I decided to just try and do the main principles first and then incorporate the rest later.

Good luck to us both - hope to see you around here again.

Jayne

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by highvibes View Post
    just postig my obligatory welcome post

I'm no stranger to primal eating (Atkins, WAPF and common sense!) but for some reason I have a really difficult time sticking to any lifestyle changes I know I should make. I am a 31yo, I have 2 great kids and I'm ready to be healthy. I have a significant amount of weight to lose, about 50lbs, but I have not weighed myself nor will I. My goal is to EAT and BE healthy and I'm hoping that eventually I'll notice my butt and thighs have the same idea ;p.

I'm not completely through my Primal reading, but for the sake of not "starting next week" or even "tomorrow" I will do primal as best as I know how to each day. So for now, I've dropped the grains and starchy-sugary fruits and veggies. I have a mini-goal this week of trying a new food or at least in a way I have not had it. I am eyeing spagetthi squash!
    Welcome: I'm from Ontario. I love this quote: "Begin with the end in mind"......... visualize your goal every night and every morning and then lean into that goal when the self doubts begin to set in. /louisa
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.