Thread: My Journey Starts Here... page

eatbreathelive is offline Junior Member

My Journey Starts Here...

Shop Now
    My Journey Starts Here...

Hello all, my name is Sky and I'm finally taking the leap and publicly announcing my intention to live Primally. My hope is that by putting this out here that it will keep me motivated and honest. I have many struggles ahead of me but I hope to take things one day at a time and make lasting positive changes and it starts here. I look forward to meeting like minded individuals and reading your successes and struggles. It is my hope to find the support I need to create the amazing, positive, primal life that I want to lead!

The Questions:

Your location: Bellevue, WA

Age (If you want): 34

How Primal are you: today I start the 21-Day Transformation Challenge but I have dipped my toes in and I have been experimenting for quite some time.

Do you consume dairy: Very little, cheese being the major offender, but I am looking to be dairy free for my 21-day challenge to see how I look and feel.

Do you drink coffee or tea: Both and in large quantities! This is another area I am looking to change. I would like to slowly wean myself off of the caffeine as I know it is affecting my cortisol and blood sugar issues as well as my adrenal and reproductive health.

Motivator for switching to Primal: I'm sick and tired if being sick and tired. I have been diagnosed with adrenal burnout, reproductive health issues, and Im sadly overweight. I previously had thyroid cancer which has left my body with many negative side effects from mismanaged medication and a lack of thyroid. But my biggest reason, I want to be truly and finally free of my eating disorder. Having an eating disorder has slowly been killing me from the inside out and I'm finally ready to let it go. I can't live like this any longer and I don't want to. I want life! I want passion! I want freedom!

Favorite exercise: Yoga! Followed closely by walking and exploring the world on foot. I recently started hiking to get myself back out into nature.

Favorite Primal food: I don't really know yet although bacon is definitely in the top running.

Best part about being Primal: Again, I don't really know yet. I haven't managed to be and stay Primal for more than a few days which is why I am finally posting this to the community for support and health, but I have hope and I will keep getting up, dusting myself off and trying again until I make a change. I believe whole heatedly that this is the direction that I need to go and I will succeed dammit!

Worst part about being Primal: Making the transition. As of yet I can't seem to make it past the initial hurdle from binging on sugar to eating Primally. Any help, support, thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated. I hope to find the support and motivation I need from this community and I'm looking forward to being a part of it.

Ive made a promise to myself that I will start a transformation journal today so please come see me there. I welcome everyone's thoughts, ideas and feedback. Anything to help make this transition happen! I cannot continue to die a slow death. When one reaches this point in their lives they become and open book. Well I am finally becoming that open book. I welcome any support , encouragement and even tough love. Join me. And thank you for providing this community to share.

Sky
    "The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step..." ~ Laozi

highvibes is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like we're in a similar situation Sky, best of luck to you!

WendyB is offline Junior Member
    Sky, your story is breaking my heart. Good for you for searching healthy ways to help your body heal. Love yourself no matter what because you're worth it and you deserve a happy, healthy life.

WendyB

eatbreathelive is offline Junior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyB View Post
    Love yourself no matter what because you're worth it and you deserve a happy, healthy life.
    Thank you Wendy. I will try to remind myself daily of exactly that. When I feel like beating myself up I will remember these kind words.

Sky
    "The journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step..." ~ Laozi