Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the world have to become vegetarian by 2050? page 2

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    how?
    Off the top of my head . . . widely available and free birth control to whoever wants it, offer incentives like those voluntarily sterilized without having children get a free college education, eliminate tax breaks after a certain number of children (after two you get taxed at a higher rate) and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return of Dado View Post
    that's cute, did you just graduate?
    You really ought to crawl back under that crazy rock you came out from under.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    You really ought to crawl back under that crazy rock you came out from under.
    at least my rock is real and not an imagined rock

at least my rock is real and not an imagined rock
    I've no doubt . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Blackcatbone View Post
    I've no doubt . . . .
    you're a do-gooder, and do-gooders by definition live in fantasy land. Earth is not somethign you impose ideals on, it lays its laws on YOU.

Penady is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    I think I found a great plot for my NaNoWriMo novel: A satire of a near-future dystopian society who buy into the idea that they can only eat vegetables... until, over time, the world gets over-populated with animals who rampage human society.

Perfect.
    This is a novel I would read! And yeah, they kind of overlooked the issues of animal overpopulation, which would put an additional strain on the ecosystem. What will happen to all of those tasty cattle if we don't eat them?

oxide is offline Senior Member
    get rid of the whites
    Demographically this would be least efficient as whites are not a majority population and are definitely not a major producer of offspring.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    you realize that the situation is self correcting. Notice rates of "neolithic" disease.

what is happening to Monsanto products will happen to humans.

Pretty soon mother nature will expect to be paid and she will be paid well as famines and disease run rampant throughout the globe. her life blood will be returned and none of us have to do anything but watch and eat whatever your primal substitute for popcorn it.
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

vanSlooten is offline Junior Member
    Well, way back when I learned that the use of energy in consumption is always roughly 9:1. So plants use 10% of sunlight they get to build new cells, herbivores use 10% of the plantmatter they eat, carnivores use 10% of the meat they eat.

So yeah, eating meat means a higher waste of energy. Whether or not we can deal with that, who knows. Maybe growing steak in the factory is the future

Quote Originally Posted by quelsen View Post
    you realize that the situation is self correcting. Notice rates of "neolithic" disease.

what is happening to Monsanto products will happen to humans.

Pretty soon mother nature will expect to be paid and she will be paid well as famines and disease run rampant throughout the globe. her life blood will be returned and none of us have to do anything but watch and eat whatever your primal substitute for popcorn it.
    yea, i feel your gist

it's out of your hands, do-gooders, shit will balance out eventually whether you signed the online greenpeace petition or not.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast