Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Affordable Probiotics for Candida? page 2

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Eat lots of vegetables, low carb, and maybe even sauerkraut. Chew the vegetables well, because your saliva breaks them down.

Saoirse is offline Senior Member
    "PB 8" from vitacost.com is around $12 per month's supply. I picked that one specifically for myself because it contains L. rhamnosus. Some would say that it's not good enough because it's not enteric coated and doesn't say "keep refrigerated" but i know personally it has made a tangible difference in my ability to tolerate dairy products. according to a medical text i own ("therapeutic microbiology") some types of probiotics make it safely into the small intestine without special coating. and you can refrigerate probiotics even if the bottle doesn't instruct you to.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Adrenals also support your thyroid thereby helping balance your hormones.

Seriously: look into fixing your adrenals.

As for conflicting info, you're absolutely right. There's a lot of info out there that isn't consistent. Keep a food journal and watch how your body reacts to things like starches and fruit. Only you can tell what's going on by how you react.

Quote Originally Posted by vatuck View Post
    This subject makes me want to pull my hair out. I was diagnosed with a high overgrowth of Candida a few months ago. I had allergy testing done and I do have food allergies plus the Candida. I was told it was probably due to a hormone imbalance. I am 47 and my hormones have been a mess for 2 years now. I just can't seem to get them balanced and my weight has climbed upward about 15 pounds. I am still working to get the hormones balanced (using bioidenticals). Anyway, there are just too many inconsistencies in the different treatment protocols. I mean hell, who is right and who is wrong? My allergist said nothing fermented and no vinegar of any type, but the diet he put me on had oats, different types of starchy veggies, but no fruit at all. It really has been confusing. I took supplements, but I did fall off the wagon. Now I am trying to get it together again. I actually just started low carb primal today. I guess only time will tell.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

vatuck is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    Adrenals also support your thyroid thereby helping balance your hormones.

Seriously: look into fixing your adrenals.

As for conflicting info, you're absolutely right. There's a lot of info out there that isn't consistent. Keep a food journal and watch how your body reacts to things like starches and fruit. Only you can tell what's going on by how you react.
    Thanks Patski. I have definitely been under stress. I've had a very ill mother for several months now and went to spend about 2.5 of those months with her. Had a hysterectomy back in February. Being under a little stress is putting it mildly. I take a really good supplement to support my thyroid and my numbers have gone up a little (I was low "normal"), so that is good. I also take DHEA. I've been working with my gyn to get my testosterone, progesterone and estrogen balanced and we just can't seem to get it right. When I first went to her, I was low on everything. This was over a year ago. Right now my numbers are high and that shouldn't have happened. I have to go back in about 3 to 4 weeks to do labs again and see where we are. My gyn believes I am a "super absorber". I am getting very frustrated. I know this isn't helping my Candida issue. Tired of feeling like poo!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12