Thread: Wow, already seeing results page

JWC
    JWC is offline Junior Member

Wow, already seeing results

Shop Now
    Hello everyone.

I'm a 41 year old man who went primal two weeks ago. A few years ago I noticed that I was putting on way more weight than I wanted (roughly 30 pounds overweight). I started running and eating a "healthy CW diet." I ended up dropping the 30 pounds that way, but had a lot of trouble maintaining that weight, even doing a *LOT* of cardio (10k trail runs). It took a lot of time, and I got tired of it, so eventually the running tapered off. Even though I still tried to keep my diet in check (according to "healthy CW"), I gradually gained all that weight back.

Anyway, I went primal two weeks ago. The first couple days were a little tough (I gave in and ate a chocolate chip cookie about day three, I think), but in the second week all that was gone, and I even found that I hardly ever felt hungry (quite a contrast to my CW weight loss approach -- I was *always* hungry, then). I've had a couple days where I felt a little tired in the afternoon, but nothing a quick 30 min nap didn't cure. Instead of running, I've been going on walks or easy cycling with my kids, and I've been doing bodyweight exercises.

I finally weighed myself this morning, and found that I've lost 8 pounds in the last two weeks. Whoa! That's almost scary-fast. I'd even be a little worried except I've had plenty of energy, I've been active and feeling good, and I've been eating quite a bit! And I mean stuff like fatty, grass-fed ribeye, fresh tuna, grilled chicken, beef ribs, omelets, et cetera. That choc. chip cookie is the only grains I've eaten in 2 weeks.

Anyway, I'm pretty impressed and enthusiastic.

BrodieMN is offline Member
    Congrats! Keep it going.

Ellen is offline Member
    Awesome! Way to go Isn't it satisfying when you get past the initial challenges and get into the fat burning zone?! Right on.

JWC
    JWC is offline Junior Member
    Thanks!

Yeah, it's satisfying. I'm just surprised at how quickly that seems to have started. (Pleasantly surprised, of course.)