Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enough page 3

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i took accutane about 5 years ago. Shit messed my hormone system pretty bad and it took two years for things to start looking normal again. I could not even continue my full dose time frame because of how wacked it made my body, physically and mentally.

primal pete is offline Senior Member
    I took a round of Accutane in high school, though knowing what I know now I don't think I would have done it if I could go back. I'll be honest, other than flaky skin and chapped lips I never had any of the more serious symptions. I continued to do cross country just fine while on Accutane. Man I feel like I got of way lucky.

Still... learning what that drug has done to people in the future... I am pretty scared. Apparently it is a linked precursor of Crohn's and IBS. I always get paranoid if I have a slightly difficult bowell movement. I'll definitely keep myself updated on this thread.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    I know that cilantro helps the body chelate metals - is there any herb that helps the body shed excess Vitamin A? If there is, I would suggest that. Otherwise, maybe just a lot of liver support? It's going to be working overtime to get it all out and it will probably take awhile, unless you've got something to help it along more quickly.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lexie View Post
    I know that cilantro helps the body chelate metals - is there any herb that helps the body shed excess Vitamin A? If there is, I would suggest that. Otherwise, maybe just a lot of liver support? It's going to be working overtime to get it all out and it will probably take awhile, unless you've got something to help it along more quickly.
    I've been looking into that. A few things that might help get rid of excess Vitamin A/Accutane:

- Glucuronic acid
    - Lecithin

I understand this is a very rare case, but I'm hoping someone out there has something to share.

Seems like a dead end now. Plenty of people are going through this on the internet, and haven't found any solutions.

I tried.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123