Thread: Hi from Brisbane Australia page

MaverickBris is offline Junior Member

Hi from Brisbane Australia

Shop Now
    Hey All,

Just thought I would jump in and say "hi" - been watching for a week or so. Just started the Paleo/Primal lifestyle. A friend referred me to it and I must admit to being totally in love with it. Only about 2 weeks in at the moment so too soon to say if I will achieve my goal of being 20kgs (44lbs) lighter but we will see.

I got to 117.8kgs (259lb) and realised that I was not healthy and it wasn't getting any better. So I arrived at Paleo. So far I am down to 113.8 so have lost 4 kgs (8lbs) in 2 weeks, but most of that is probably from cutting out the soft drinks, chocolate, ice cream.

Living in Sunny, gorgeous Queensland, Australia we have some of the best coastline in the world - my goal is to get back to a place where I can be confident taking off the shirt and going to the beach (without scaring small children at the sight).

Thanks to all for this website and forum - even after 2 weeks it has made a difference in the way I approach food, and I am finding it getting easier and easier to fight the cravings and say no to the yummy (bad!) stuff.

Cheers.

primalperson1 is offline Junior Member
    Yes, you do have gorgeous beaches in Brisbane! Good luck on the diet. I bet you'll love it.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    All the best maverickbris. I agree about the beaches. Hubby and I have just spent the week at Caloundra. beautiful...absolutely beautiful. Welcome to the community. Its huge and full of all sorts of great bits n bobs.
    enjoy
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    MaverickBris: Welcome to the forum. I'm envious of our location -- would love to get there one day! Let us know how you progress with your clean eating.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

MaverickBris is offline Junior Member
    Thanks all for the Warm Welcome! Growing up here you get used to being only a 30minute drive (North & South) from marvelous beaches! Yet its been about 3 years since I went in the water....fingers crossed after I get deep into Primal/Paleo things will be different.

Cheers.

CC75 is offline Junior Member
    Hi MaverickBris, I'm on the Gold Coast.... yes we do live in a great place. Good luck with it all.... Cheers

Thrakk is offline Junior Member
    I think it's an absolute travesty that so many Brisbanites (myself included) don't soak up enough of the natural scenery. There's some great locations within easy driving distance from us here, including our delicious beaches.

Hey, men wishing you a goodluck for your jornery