Thread: Hello All page

skinnybacon is offline Member

Hello All

Shop Now
    My name is Keith and I have been working on an about 80% primal eating plan for a few weeks now and figured I would try and be more active in the forums. I made myself a blog to keep myself accountable.

I was always on the heavy side growing up and never really wanted to be active. When I graduated high school I weighed 180lbs (@5'11"). By the fall when college started I had ballooned up to 220. I stayed around this weight while working and going to school and got married 3 years later. I basically gained 10 lbs a year, every year until I was 270 lbs. The funny thing is although I knew I was overweight, I didn't realize just how big I had gotten. My wife, mother-in-law, and I all went and signed up for Lindora. If you aren't familiar with it it is a low carb/low calorie/low fat/high protein diet. It definitely works, at least it did for me. In 10 weeks I was back to 220 from 270. I think the reason that it works so well is that you go and see an LVN every day who weighs you and goes over your food/exercise journal. I signed up for a second round of Lindora, but only lost 20 lbs (mostly because I wasn't very strict on my eating). The hard thing for me was trying to transition back to eating normal after eating so restricted for 20 or so weeks. So I picked up 20lbs, joined weight watchers and lost it. Gained 20 lbs, signed up for myfitnesspal and lost it. I'm back to 220 again. I'm tired of the bouncing up and down.

I like the primal blueprint because it allows me to eat real foods and I get pretty full eating this way. I try to eat dinner around 6 and not eat again until at least 10 the next morning. I run most mornings 2-4 miles and do some strength training (the lifting days of P90x) 3 days a week. My goal is to become a police officer, and I need to be in great shape to succeed at this. So anyhow, that's me. If you're interesed in my blog it is healthybacon

thanks.
    Last edited by skinnybacon; 08-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.

On a side note. Do you ever eat, feel full, and then feel hungry again 15 minutes later? Tonight I had a chicken sausage, peach, and half an avocado. Felt stuffed when I ate it. 20 minutes later I am hungry again.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Skinnybacon welcome to the community.
    You will love being accountable - by blogging - and I am sure you will value the advice and listening ears that pop up all over the forum.
    Enjoy and all the very best with your goal to become a police officer. The world is your oyster !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Well after starting way back then I am back to start again.

I started out and did pretty well, especially with the help of the huge variety of recipes available for the primal lifestyle. I then got out of it because I had an opportunity to earn money by selling hebalife supplements. I was looking for a quick way to lose weight and make some money and although the herbalife did help me lose weight, I was never really satisfied and would gorge on all sorts of stuff because of the feelings of being deprived. Somehow I have become an emotional eater and I hate it because I know what I am doing while I do it but still do it. The gorging doesn't even taste good, but I keep doing it.

So today I started over. Bacon and eggs breakfast, someone recommended me a local farm co-buy group for veggies and I am looking into cow-pooling (I am in Riverside County in Southern California if anyone knows of a cow-pooler group). I really enjoy food and I want to teach my family the right way to eat and move. I also finally read the book after trying to wing it all from the site.

So anyway, I am back here again to try and learn and be healthy.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

jeeva1388 is offline Junior Member
    Hai this is jeeva fro india
    very nice to see you

Quote Originally Posted by smith75 View Post
    What about your daily workout? From my all experience i can say that you need to do some sort of exercise if you really want to lose your weight. I recommend to do some sort of Cardio first. It would help your body to adjust. You can start with biking instead running/ jogging.

If you want to know more regarding what to do then please watch the following video tutorial of Edward Checo:

A workout routine to try or follow Hannibal For King Workout Routine pt2 - YouTube
    Thanks Smith. I have been a chronic cardio person, running for miles and after reading the book I was gonna stay away from that for a little while and try to stick with Mark's recommendations for exercise.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013

Quote Originally Posted by smith75 View Post
    What about your daily workout? From my all experience i can say that you need to do some sort of exercise if you really want to lose your weight. I recommend to do some sort of Cardio first. It would help your body to adjust. You can start with biking instead running/ jogging.

If you want to know more regarding what to do then please watch the following video tutorial of Edward Checo:

A workout routine to try or follow Hannibal For King Workout Routine pt2 - YouTube
    Thanks Smith. I have been a chronic cardio person, running for miles and after reading the book I was gonna stay away from that for a little while and try to stick with Mark's recommendations for exercise.
    SW 220.5 1/18/2013