Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watermelon rinds page 2

Betorq is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I know people who've bought their grains from Culture for Health, expensive to say the least imo. They sell kombucha starter kits for $25 which is crazy expensive as people give that stuff away, they want to unload it as it propagates & stockpiles so fast. Imo, just network on local Meetup.com, fermentation & Weston A Price boards locally & find some for free. Then pass it along to others for free too...
    "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
    "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
    "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

AuroraB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Betorq View Post
    I know people who've bought their grains from Culture for Health, expensive to say the least imo. They sell kombucha starter kits for $25 which is crazy expensive as people give that stuff away, they want to unload it as it propagates & stockpiles so fast. Imo, just network on local Meetup.com, fermentation & Weston A Price boards locally & find some for free. Then pass it along to others for free too...
    Yea, sorry. I know they are pricey. I live pretty much in the middle of nowwhere when it comes to finding what some would consider unusual. I tend to have to order some things when I can't find them at the food coop (which is an hour drive away).

Ferti is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I got my kefir grains from an older gentleman and I have given them to a family that goes to my raw milk farm. Most of the time I feed the excess grains to my chickens but I do like passing them along.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12