Checking in, post 60 days, "Whole 30".....
Checking in, post 60 days, Whole 30.
Checking in and beginning my 3rd, "Whole 30". Several observations:
1. The transition is relatively easy -- I've always eaten clean.
2. The diet can be a tad boring --- but I'm okay with eating repetitive meals -- I haven't experimented with various receipes as I'm a decent cook, and not really in need of inspiration.
3. My husband has dropped weight, despite his 'not buying into it' attitude.
4. Started exercise in the 2nd, "Whole 30" and enjoying it.....walking 10K+ daily and lifting weights every other day. Throwing around a medicine ball is fun, spontaneous and produces results.
5. Results! Lost 12 lbs & 7 inches: Feel great and wouldn't consider going back and eating wheat, sugar or "bar code foods". I must add the caveat that I've never eaten 'fast foods' so I have an advantage, I think.
6. I'm looking forward to dropping more weight, and tightening up the body even more over the next 4-5 months.
That's about it for now....there's no magic to this. Consistency, dedication, discipline are core principles to success, just like everything else in life. Going forward, I'll be spending more time in the "exercise forums" vs the "newbies" or nutrition forums. I figured I've got the nutrition down, so more interested in weights and cardio fitness.
Here's to moving forward, one foot at a time, or one bite at a time :-) ( I say this as my husband sits across from me eating pie :-) ) --Whatever: I love my body more :-)
F, 48, 5'10"
Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)
Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.