Thread: 5 month check in page

rrich49132 is offline Member

5 month check in

I am now 5 months into this lifestyle and started at 195 lbs and at 19.1% BF and am now at 177 lbs but have not got a body fat test but assume I am somewhere around 15% right now. I still don't have the 6 pack mid section that I desire but it still is a work in progress. I was stuck around 182 lbs for a while and about the last 3 weeks I dropped to my current weight. In the past 6 weeks I have started to juice every day with vegetables like spinach, carrots, kale, peppers, celery, and cucumbers and some fruit like apples and mangos to balance it out which I know is what has helped me get over the hump.

I am not so much focused on weight as i work out with heavy weights but do want that defined mid section. I still think my BF needs to come down about 4% more to get that as this is a very slow process and not any sort of get fit quick diet as I have learned. It could easily be another 6 months before I get where I am.

I do want to mention that I do have things I should not but in very limited quantities and it is like once every two weeks or so as I actually had a small piece of cake on Friday night and honestly it did taste good but lets say it did not come out as nice as it went in.

I continue to read posts for my motivation and inspiration.

WendyB is offline Junior Member
    Great job sticking with this. It's easy to give up when you don't see the results you want right away so you should be proud of yourself for sticking with your goals and keeping your focus. Your rate of weightloss sounds healthy. Losing too much weight quickly can be hard on your body in many ways and cause saggy skin. You don't want that!

Isn't it funny how our tastebuds change when we stop eating something that isn't healthy for us? nature knows how to keep us on track...if we listen.

Keep up the great job!

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your progress!

It is interesting to me that you found that juicing has helped you lose more weight. I have found that juice (yep, even vegetable juice) has the exact opposite effect on me. I do better if I eat whole veggies & some fruit.

But it's great that you are finding what works for you. It always amazes me how differently each of our bodies respond to different inputs.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rrich well done on your quest. It is great to reflect and just realise how far we have come.
    Palebluedots, I also find that some juice really interferes with my system. I am pretty sure it is the tomato based ones. I even find tomato soup does weird things to my system. However when I cut out the tomato....ie...have 1 x raw beetroot, a handful of celery, 1 x lemon (peeled), and a couple of carrots - this juice suits me just fine.
    However since going primal I haven't tried juicing yet. It will be interesting to see how it affects my new clean system.

anyway good luck guys

'never let the truth get in the way of a good story"
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....