Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Cookware page 2

TheUnrulyHound is offline Junior Member
    I love my one nonstick pan for eggs and breakfast, I use it, handwash it really quick and it goes right back on the stove to be used soon after.

Le Crueset is good for covered dishes baked in the oven or stuff you want to cook for a long time over low heat-it conducts and hold heat beautifully. I have a BIG oval shaped pot and a small covered skillet/wok

I have a full set of stainless steel Calphalon pots and pans and use the low straight sided skillet the most. A tip for cleaning your stainless steel if you cannot get the food residue off with scrubbing and soaking, buy some Barkeepers friend. it is a powder and you just need a tiny bit with water but it make the pots shine like new.
    Holly and the Greyhounds-Cabby, Bully, Nelson, Stepper, Streamer and Fiona
    Adopt a greyhound! www.GALTx.com An ancient (Primal?) Breed

NicoB is offline Senior Member
    Le Creuset has been around for a long long time (Auntie MD has some pans that are her grandmother's). I understand the lead scare, but if there was a problem with it Le Creuset would have changed it awhile back. Especially if you consider how cooks would be screaming bloody murder at them.

Queen of the Jungle is offline Junior Member
    Cast iron skillets are the best. We have stainless steel too, but I love the cast iron. Hubby won't let teflon enter the house, so that was never an option for us, lol.

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member
    I have a 12" lodge cast iron pan I use for just about everything. I do have one teflon pan I use for eggs (I just can't seem to get them over easy in my cast iron pan) and stainless steel pots for sauce making though

beckinwolf is offline Member
    Here is a link to some Starfrit cast iron pans. They are cast iron, but much lighter than most. I think they are brushed or ground down or something. Anyway, they are much easier to use than normal cast iron pans.

http://www.amazon.com/Starfrit-Light...N%3DB002EQA4XQ
    Carpe Diem!

Suzan is offline Senior Member
    thanks beck, I'll check them out. Some of the Starfrit line seems similar to the cookware set I own, the Cuisinart Green Gourmet, which is non-stick, non-toxic ceramic inside, and anodized aluminum outside.

http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-Gree...0178502&sr=8-2
    Last edited by Suzan; 04-01-2010 at 09:22 PM.

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Why is teflon bad?

jrherring is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    My two cast irons are used constantly. We do have a set of Cuisinart stainless steel pots & pans but food just sticks to them so horribly bad.
    1 Teflon for omelets. But, my smaller cast iron is getting to the 'seasoned' point that I can do omelets in it now without ending up with a huge scramble.

Teflon is a known carcinogen. Supposedly safe unless it's heated too hot or scratched.
    Even if you fall flat on your face, at least you're moving forward!

Yr 42

Yr 41

February Whole 30-ish

start. stop. start.stop...now ramping up to cruising speed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12