Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie wondering if this is too much fat page

NinjaNina is offline Junior Member

Newbie wondering if this is too much fat

Primal Fuel
    Hi,

I am new to eating primal. I've logged what I've eaten on an online kcals,fat,carbs..etc calculator and it came up to:
    250g fat
    98g carbs
    218g protein

3560 kcals

I read a lot about people struggling to get their fat and kcals needed.. am I over doing it?
    A lot of the fat came from butter, a whole avcado, almonds and extra virgin olive oil

I weigh 167.8 lb and would like to get to 150lb by the end of the year and eventually be 128lbs
    I'm 5'2", female 24 years old

Thank you!

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    A lot of that is going to depend on how active you are. For me, as a 5'5" 49 year old female who has a desk job, if I ate 3560 calories a day I'd be the Goodyear Blimp in about two weeks.

There is a lot of discussion about calories, but in my humble not so perfect opinion, they matter. If you want to lose weight, you have to be in a caloric deficit. That deficit will vary from person to person dependent on activity level.

So, yes, I probably think it's too much fat - too much everything, but that's just my opinion.

Thank you for yoru reply. I'm not very active. I walk 2-3 miles a day and thats it.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I think you're eating too much.
    I'm a moderately active 5'10" 19 yo young man who is experiencing a delayed puberty now treated by Testosterone Replacement Therapy so my metabolism is the one of a teenager, and to be honest, you eat the amount I eat to gain weight. So I highly doubt that you'll manage to get to your weight loss goal eating that way, but I could be wrong since everyone's body's different
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Oh dear..
    thanks for your input and hope all works out well with your TRT.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Wow. That's a lot. I'm a male and I only eat about 2000 calories.

Yeah..
    I saw Marks daily menu and he was doing 2500kcals... which is the average a male would need.
    That day I had about 100g of butter, 500kcals worth of extra virgin olive oil... and 110g nuts..(almonds and pecans)..

I tracked what I ate BEFORE going primal..brace yourselves.. 5321kcals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
    with 1272 kcals from lager alone...

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    Haha, then at 3000 primal calories you'll loose weight at first, don't worry.
    Maybe your appetite will catch up as you heal your body with good food

Forgotmylastusername, I still find 2000 kcal to be very low for most adult males to be honest...
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

I hope so Daydreamer..
    I'm only 5 days into this and already feel less hungry..so hopefully my initial "everything" overload will settle and balance out

How are you finding avoiding gluten in a country famous for baguettes and baked goodies?

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    To be honest I haven't really tracked it. It might be a bit more or even less depending on my day. I doubt I go up to 3500 though unless I'm drinking alcohol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast