Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Egg Lovers Beware! page 3

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    You're generally supposed to remove the shell.

badump-tshhh. Sorry to hear that, though.
    That's what I was going to say.

I don't think eating eggs daily for breakfast gave me an intolerance. I'm pretty sure I had it before. I've had post-nasal drip for decades now and I stopped eating eggs and now I can breathe through my nose and I don't cough all the time. I can still eat eggs, but that's the price I pay.

I switched from eggs to making meat scrambles for breakfast. I'll save the meat from my soup bones or I'll have chicken or beef liver or tongue. Or ground beef or sausage. Cook it in a pan with onions and other veggies just like an egg scramble. It's just as good, actually it's better.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

primal_alex is offline Senior Member
    3-4 eggs everyday is a bit an exaggeration anyway, I would add: quite boring, too.
    Try smoked salmon with avogado as breakfast, or some bacon (don't throw the fat, of course!!!), or a half liter of full fat milk kefir. Just a fruit will be fine, too.

You can also take advantage that ketosis is particularly active during the night to continue it with a cup of coffee... and nothing more (intermittent fasting).

I love eggs, I eat 8-10 of them per week, but mostly as snacks during the day, and only when really must eat something.

Catharsis is offline Senior Member
    Dang. I eat 3 dozen eggs a week. I can't imagine not being able to!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123