Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking to try kombucha. are gt's and synergy good? page

Jamie Madrox is offline Senior Member

looking to try kombucha. are gt's and synergy good?

Not looking to make my own just yet as I've never had it before. I want to see how I like it first. My health store just starting stocking gt's organic raw multi green and synergy in a few flavors. Are these OK to test the waters? Do the flavored ones included ingrediants it probably shouldn't?

vb66 is offline Senior Member
    I've tried a few flavours of the synergy brand and liked them. I haven't tried GT or made my own.

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    I looooooooove me some Synergy.

boxcarguy07 is offline Senior Member
    It seems to me that that brand has more sugar than they actually report because even the original flavor (my fav) is very sweet. Maybe they don't actually let it ferment as long as they should? We sell it at the store I work at, but we also sell another brand that is noticeably less sweet and that is what I've been drinking lately. I think the brand is called Highland
    I never know what to put in these things. I write songs!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Compared to a good living brew, those taste gross. But they're still better than soda!

Making it at home is as easy as boiling water. And maybe 1/10th of the cost.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

TrPAssasin is offline Member
    Synergy is alright, but making your own is easy. I've got a 10litre tub constantly brewing.

jammies is offline Senior Member
    I love the taste of the GT's, but I agree that they taste sweeter than I would think based on the sugar content on the labels.

I made my own for a while, but gave it up. It was good, but I like GT's better....they do the extra fermenting in the bottle which gives it more fizz than mine ever had.
    Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I've tried about 3 or 4 different kombucha brands, and in my opinion Synergy is by far the best of all of them. So if you're looking for a commercial kombucha, I'd definitely recommend that one.

The other ones all taste extremely watered down to the point that if I was blindfolded, I'd have no idea I was drinking kombucha. Considering that kombucha is more acidic than vinegar (I did a comparison with ph strips), that's pretty pathetic.

My favorite flavor is Gingerade - I'm pretty sure that ginger is the only additional ingredient.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I have tried numerous brands. GT's is by far the best. If you can get the original formula, not the enlightened, even better. Their Synergy drink is kombucha combined with fruit juice so it's sweeter. Their regular ginger kombucha is not sweet, although others are. It's my favorite.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I like GT's more than Synergy. I think Synergy is usually too sweet. Gingerade is my favorite. I usually use kombucha as more of a shooter though, taking a little bit with a meal, rather than drinking them as a beverage. Helps offset the high cost a bit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast