Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What, if any, supplements do you use? page

OutdoorAmy is offline Senior Member

What, if any, supplements do you use?

Shop Now
    Hey All,

Curious what supplements others around here use.

Currently I take a multi-vitamin with iron once or twice a week, CoQ10 every other day and fish oil and biotin daily.

I don't have a galbladder (twas removed before I learned more about paleo after two bad attacks) and I've heard that there are some supplements you should take to make up for that - anyone in a similar boat and if so, do you take anything?

Anything you recommend for ADHD? Athletes? Women planning children? (not all of these are me - just some special groups we seem to have good sized numbers of around here)
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    - Vitamin D3 (liquid, in oil)
    - Iodine (kelp)
    - Selenium
    - Super Enzymes by NOW Foods

I eat steamed vegetables with every meal, mostly spinach and broccoli. And I eat organ meats every once in a while.

Iodine and Iron (along with Omega-3's) are very important in the early stages of pregnancy/life for brain development.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact...n_deficiencies
    Last edited by Bosnic; 08-25-2012 at 01:48 PM.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    D3 in winter, Mag sporadically, gave up on fish oil (I eat wild fish pretty regularly). Never bothered with iodine, and after browsing that thread it seems iodine supps turn you into a loony loon. I eat lots of colorful plants and nutritious meat bits.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    D3 in winter, Mag sporadically, gave up on fish oil (I eat wild fish pretty regularly). Never bothered with iodine, and after browsing that thread it seems iodine supps turn you into a loony loon. I eat lots of colorful plants and nutritious meat bits.
    I'm not sure if you're serious, but your opinion regarding iodine is flawed. I think natural sources are optimal, but I don't see how you can think taking supplements would turn you into a nut, or alter your personality in any way. To me, THAT is loony. lol

Timthetaco is offline Senior Member
    Every supplement I've tried to take has made me feel like hammered shit, so none for me. I've learned my lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic
    but I don't see how you can think taking supplements would turn you into a nut, or alter your personality in any way.
    I guess you haven't read the iodine threads.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Multi
    D3
    Biotin
    Magnesium

Last year I took iodine (kelp) daily for over 4 months and it didn't really do a thing (that I have noticed) for me.

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    >10,000 iu's of d3, until i rectify my deficiency, then will lower dose to 5000 daily.
    >900 mgs magnesium
    >1000mg "activator-x", butter oil
    >1500 mgs of dong quai for peri-menopause stuff.

i eat bone broth most days of the week, liver at least several times per month, lots of oogly bits of meat, seafood and veggies.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

drheather is offline Senior Member
    Damage control multi, fish oil, probiotics, iodine (which helped my energy levels and mood.)

tanyayogi is offline Senior Member
    Buenos Aires until I start at NYU in the fall!
    New chapter multivitamin every woman's daily
    New chapter wholemegas (omega 3)
    New chapter essential antioxidants
    Primal vitamin D

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Timthetaco View Post

I guess you haven't read the iodine threads.
    Is that your evidence that iodine supplements alter your personality? "The iodine thread"? How un-scientific...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast