Thread: What, if any, supplements do you use? page 3

Will8801 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    D3
    Fish Oil
    Magnesium
    BCAA (only around my weights sessions)
    Protein Blend (whey,casein,egg)

Activator X butter oil and Fermented cod liver I tend to cycle 3 weeks on 1 off for a testestorone/libido boost.

Really rate this as an incredible libido boost:

http://www.4hourlife.com/2011/03/11/...e-cheat-sheet/
    Last edited by Will8801; 08-27-2012 at 04:19 AM.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    This thread topic comes up pretty regularly, and I always feel inclined to chime in.

Used to take
    -50-300mg of 5-HTP for depression management, no longer need to (taken before bed)
    -500mg of L-Tryptophan for depression management, no longer need it (taken before bed)
    -500mg of Tyrosine for general anxiety and focus, no longer need to (taken before food in morning)
    -Candex, for yeast control, no longer works (2x daily, before morning and evening meals)

Now taking
    -125mg grapefruit seed extract, 2x daily, for yeast control (on empty stomach, before morning and evening meals)
    -garlic extract/essence capsule, 1x daily, for yeast control/digestive issues (right before eating morning meal)
    -5,000-10,000IU of vitamin D, depends on how I feel, for deficiency (last tested in a good range, but looking for a good maintenance level) (taken with morning food)
    -400mg of Magnesium Citrate, for digestive issues (taken before bed)
    -4,500mg of L-Glutamine, 2x daily, for digestive issues/intestinal health (taken on empty stomach before morning and evening meals)
    -1000mg of Vitamin C, for digestive support (taken on empty stomach before morning meal and before bed)
    -Acidophilus capsule with at least 2 meals a day, for digestive support/yeast control
    -Alive! for women multi-vitamin with breakfast (for overall support and trace minerals)

I'm using Gutsense.org as a guide for my digestive issues. Yeah, it's a lot, but in the long run (hopefully not TOO long), it should help. Eventually, I should be down to just Vitamin D on a regular basis.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Lawyerchick12 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    Magnesium citrate, D vitamin, cod liver oil when I have factory pork or chicken.
    WHy do you take Mag Citrate? I got some over the weekend that come in 250mg capsules. I find it relaxes me a lot and I think I sleptt better these past few days. It is interesting seeing that I had never heard of it before this forum.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I take:

generic multi (with Mg)
    Zn
    5HTP (3x a day)

I also buy and eat 1 35 g pack of Bullweed per week & 2-3 Brazil nuts a day on the weekdays.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

ilanatree is offline Junior Member
    Fish oil (wild alaskan salmon): 2k to 4k mg a day
    Magnesium: 410 mg a day
    MSM (for my tenosynovitis): 1k mg a day
    Vitamin D3: 1k IU a day
    C: 1k mg a day
    Creatine: 5 grams every other day

I also usually take zinc and B12 but I ran out and haven't bought more yet. I also sometimes use protein powder (whey isolate) if I have trouble getting enough protein through regular food for whatever reason.

I also take fluoxetine (prozac), 60 mg a day, and have for the last six years. Ultimately I'd like to transition off of that and onto more natural supplements (like 5-HTP) but that's in the future for now.
    Last edited by ilanatree; 08-27-2012 at 07:44 AM.

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65041.html

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Now taking
    -125mg grapefruit seed extract, 2x daily, for yeast control (on empty stomach, before morning and evening meals)
    -garlic extract/essence capsule, 1x daily, for yeast control/digestive issues (right before eating morning meal)
    -5,000-10,000IU of vitamin D, depends on how I feel, for deficiency (last tested in a good range, but looking for a good maintenance level) (taken with morning food)
    -400mg of Magnesium Citrate, for digestive issues (taken before bed)
    -4,500mg of L-Glutamine, 2x daily, for digestive issues/intestinal health (taken on empty stomach before morning and evening meals)
    -1000mg of Vitamin C, for digestive support (taken on empty stomach before morning meal and before bed)
    -Acidophilus capsule with at least 2 meals a day, for digestive support/yeast control
    -Alive! for women multi-vitamin with breakfast (for overall support and trace minerals)

I'm using Gutsense.org as a guide for my digestive issues. Yeah, it's a lot, but in the long run (hopefully not TOO long), it should help. Eventually, I should be down to just Vitamin D on a regular basis.
    Which acidophilus supplement do you take?
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    Salmon oil
    Multivitamin
    Vitamin D3 (during the cold months)
    Vitamin C
    Whey protein
    Creatine monohydrate
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJecka View Post
    Which acidophilus supplement do you take?
    Just something I got at CVS. Who knows if it actually does anything, my digestive system is too messed up right now for me to tell!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

protein powders, creatine, b-complex (because chocotaco cured his baldness with this)

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I used to take:
    Vitamin D3
    Magnesium citrate
    Iodine/Iodide
    Occasional potassium and selenium (too much selenium made my hair fall out)

Now I am rather lax about any of those and take them only rarely. Been drinking bone broth at breakfast and adding a lot of salt to my food. Both those seem to make me feel a lot perkier.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 175 x 3. Current Deadlift: 225 x 3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast