Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What, if any, supplements do you use? page 2

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Fish oil right and protein powder (I don't count the latter as a supplement but technically it is). These are what I consider a must have for me. I will be adding some Vitamin D3 in the winter. I eat a fairly diverse diet so I don't worry about multi or iodine supplements. I figured for the amount of money I spend on food I can't bring myself to spend more on supplements.

Oceana is offline Junior Member
    As you had your gall bladder removed, you may want to consider taking digestive enzymes. Although I'm not in that category, I do take digestive enzymes. The ones I take are Bluebonnet betaine hci plus pepsin once or twice a day.

2ndChance is offline Senior Member
    Tons of fish oil...about 6 g a day..cause I'm not a fan of eating fish, and I eat a lot of nuts. I keep magnesium and COQ10 on hand for occasional use... I mostly use the CoQ as a headache pill. I take my multi every now and then, but not every day, and I have 2000 IU Vitamin D3 I take every other day or so... I take about 1000mg of Rhodiola Rosea every day too, because I work in a restaurant and it helps me cope with the stress of constantly dealing with customers and running around cleaning things. I love Rhodiola, I highly recommend it, I've read it helps the body cope with oxygen deprivation, and before it I suffered from severe anxiety where I would have to keep stepping outside for a breath of fresh air. With Rhodiola I can hold down a job that keeps me inside for hours at a time. It's a wonder drug, honestly. I order in bulk, 500mg NOW Foods Rhodiola from HerbsPro on Amazon.com. You won't be disappointed.

KimNKY is offline Member
    I take flax oil daily, calcium + vitamin D a couple of times a week, and vitamin C in fall and winter.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    I get the placebo effect of every supplement and rave about how good they are. Then a week later it completely wears off.
    I still take vitamin C, kelp and cod liver oil most days. Sometimes I use melatonin.

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    I take Vitamin C and Selenium (a brazil nut) daily. Sometimes Nori.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Is that your evidence that iodine supplements alter your personality? "The iodine thread"? How un-scientific...
    it was a joke

a thread about iodine was started as a means of discussing health benefits of iodine, it turned into a circus of stupidity

a new thread about iodine was created in the hopes a new and civil discussion could take place, and then that turned into a circus of stupidity as well

as for supps, i used to take a bunch but now i'm just taking a full spectrum multi on a sporadic basis
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

cantare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    it was a joke

a thread about iodine was started as a means of discussing health benefits of iodine, it turned into a circus of stupidity
    Are they still painting the stuff on their privy parts, or has the HMS Woo sailed on to new uncharted latitudes?
    6' 2" | Age: 42 | SW: 341 | CW: 198 | GW: 180?

“Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.”
    ― Søren Kierkegaard

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    grizz came back to fling poo everywhere as is his wont, new guy James flung it back and i quit paying attention
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Magnesium citrate, D vitamin, cod liver oil when I have factory pork or chicken.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast