Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Val's Story page 2

valmason01 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have felt soooo good today! Energy, no pain, a clear head. I pray this is a turn around for me. I have had these random days before but this is actually a 3 day streak. I am cautiously optimistically excited! A good day at work where I felt like I managed to communicate some w/ my students.

Did not post this yesterday but as part of trying to get it all together I am getting away from the scale for the month of September. Yesterday's morning weight was 183.4. Next weight check the 30th. Concentrating now on health, feeling good, not just looking good.

Today's stats: fasting BSS 132 (bad, but it always is in the morning). WOD: 8 laps in pool. BSS after pool/before dinner: 115 (blood sugar always high after a workout. This is normal I think?) BSS: post meal 102. Going in the right direction.
    Coffee, BAS, country style ribs, roasted cauliflower, bone broth, dark chocolate
    Total calories: 1144/Total fat: 88.5/Saturated fat: 34/Carbs: 26.2/Protein: 63.7=Bone broth not figured in this.
    Last edited by valmason01; 09-04-2012 at 06:03 PM.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Still feeling good. Didn't sleep as well as I had hoped last night but was able to get up and do my job. There have been more than one day in the past that didn't happen. Slowly I am becoming what I want to become. Healthy, vital, strong.

Stats:

Blood sugar this morning was 133. Appx an hour after a swim this evening it was 109, 1 hour post 101. I just want it to be under 100!
    Coffee, BAS, country style ribs, roasted cauliflower, bone broth, dark chocolate, cheese stick and a handful of almonds.
    Total calories: 1390/Total fat: 106.5/Saturated fat: 38/Carbs: 30.2/Protein: 77.7=Bone broth not figured in this.
    WOD: laps. And lots of pre k kiddos The cheese stick and almonds were a definite no no. I was hungry this afternoon. Have packed some pork skins and organic cheese hunks for just in case tomorrow. And adding a thermos to my shopping list so I can take the bone broth to work with me.
    Last edited by valmason01; 09-05-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

As I sift through posts I am struck by how many people there are who are just sick. Not with some diagnosable and curable illness but vague, amorphous symptoms that wreck their lives. Fatigue, rashes, pain, low immune system, swollen joints, IBS, GERD...and on and on and on. How did we all get so sick? What happened to us? I have always felt vaguely guilty for having been born in a prosperous part of the world, always having a roof over my head, clothes on my back and food in my belly. Now I wonder if that world is killing us as surely as if we were living in drought stricken Africa. Maybe not as quickly or as obviously but something is wrong.

For me Primal is all about going back to (or maybe creating?) a place where humans interacted with the environment, not protected themselves from it or manipulated it for gain. It is about digging toes in the dirt, standing breathless before the ocean, full of fierce joy in knowing that here there is a power greater than I will ever weld. It is about recognizing that my body and mind were created to be strong and vital and that the greatest sin is the harm I have caused that creation. And it is the gratitude of redemption as I seek out the earth's healing. Primal is believing that I can be whole again. Not just me but all of us, so sick from this pseudo-world we have manufactured to replace reality.

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12