Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to not eat enough? Weight gain? page 2

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Okay. Thanks for the advice, all. Another question though. I get bloated after most meals, and feel like the food is just sitting there. Is it my body adjusting to the new large quantities of fat and protein? Any other experiences?

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by golangrok View Post
    Okay. Thanks for the advice, all. Another question though. I get bloated after most meals, and feel like the food is just sitting there. Is it my body adjusting to the new large quantities of fat and protein? Any other experiences?
    Research suggests that not drinking large quantities of water :30 minutes before and :30 minutes after eating aids in digestion of food, and reduces bloating. I used to drink tons of water through my meals and experienced bloating. Much better now that I wait for an hour for my meal to digest. Just something to try.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

sezzajezza84 is offline Junior Member
    if you're anything like me, stay away from the scales in the days before your period. I easily gain 2 kilos and am like a walking hot air balloon - bloated and full of gas, urgh. Sorry for if that's TMI.

golangrok is offline Senior Member
    LOUISA - Thank you so much for that, I do guzzle water before and after eating!!

However, I'm starting to feel like it's not just the scale! It didn't move today, but I do actually FEEL fatter.
    But my cycle has been really messed up lately - it's spontaneously gone from a regular 28 day cycle to only being 19 days apart.
    I'm also getting more breakouts on my chest so I should probably get tested for PCOS.

I'm calculating my total calories/carbs/protein...haven't touched fat yet. But so far for the past few days I'm averaging 2,000 calories, with around 120g protein and 70g carbs.
    Does that seems alright? Let me do the math real quick.

I'm averaging about 2000 calories, some days 2100, some days 1900.
    The breakdown is like this (on average)

24% calories from protein (120g)
    14% calories from carbs (70g)
    61% calories from fat (135g)

Does this look way off the mark? I'm also insulin resistant so I'm very wary of that adding carbs approach...advice, anybody?
    I'd like to isolate where I'm going wrong before I gain any more weight. That would be devastating to me and my recovery from bulimia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12