Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Trader Joe's grass fed beef page 4

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Fine Texan, give me suggestion where I can buy locally grown, quality (the way we define it) meat, chicken and poultry. Can't store more then a week or so worth. Live out side Cincinnati.

kalewoman is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moonablaze View Post
    I share a small refrigerator and freezer with 4 other people, all eating SAD, one vegetarian. I don't have the space or $ for my own freezer. buying the bulk required for me to be able to afford mail-order is not gonna work. For me, to be able to pick up 100% grass fed organic meat at trader joes means I get to eat grass fed meat.
    I am in the same situation and so I totally sympathize and understand perfectly. We also have power outages fairly frequently, and our small apartment doesn't have space for a large freezer AND a generator for when the power goes out, in order to keep bulk supplies of local meat. And the only local grass-fed/pastured meat and eggs I know of are only available in the warmer months. So I have been thinking about it a lot, but cannot come up with a feasible solution allowing us to eat local grass-fed year-round. I've come across this thread only just now, and so will be checking my Trader Joe's and Costco for grass-fed beef, and if they don't carry it, I will put in requests. I'm in the DC Metro area, and lots of people around here live in tiny apartments with tiny freezers.

kuno1chi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Texan View Post
    Don't think you're the Lone Ranger there moonablaze. As long as you keep saying, "I am doing the best I can with what is here", you will never get any better than what you have! What you should be saying is, "How can I make this work?" and figure it out. You will never get any more out of life than what you have if you continue doing what you are doing now. I am guessing you are young enough to be my child so I tell you nothing more than I tell my children. Quit thinking small and start thinking large. If you want suggestions, just ask!
    Dude.

I'm lucky if I can afford to eat at all.
    I'm happy for your good fortune, but please don't assume that everyone on this board is so blessed.

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    Exactly Kuno1chi. Texan, I may be young enough to be your kid but I am living on federal student loans, trying to get through grad school independently. During the summer I am required by my program to work full time for no pay. Every dollar I spend today will have to be paid back at 8.25% interest over 10 years. When I am making an income, I look forward to being able to do things like take care of my local economy and environment but for now my priority is the health of my body and my future finances.

TBONE is offline Junior Member

Where is this meat from?!

I'm in Virginia and was very disappointed my local TJs discontinued their line of grass fed flank steaks. Last weekend I was happy to see them offering grass fed ground beef. What disturbs me though, is the "product of Australia and Uruguay" Which is it? Are they using muscle meat from one continent and fat from another? Sounds suspicious to me. Costco also has grassfed ground beef for $4/lb, but they also label "product of country x,y, and z".

stevew2023 is offline Junior Member
    I get grass fed 85/15 at Whole Foods for $5.99 lb.

TBONE is offline Junior Member
    Anyone?!

Russ is offline Senior Member
    no Trader Joes in florida

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    I get my grass fed beef from my freezer. It's full of grass fed cow that cost me $2.88 lb.
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

Steve1907 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBONE View Post
    I'm in Virginia and was very disappointed my local TJs discontinued their line of grass fed flank steaks. Last weekend I was happy to see them offering grass fed ground beef. What disturbs me though, is the "product of Australia and Uruguay" Which is it? Are they using muscle meat from one continent and fat from another? Sounds suspicious to me. Costco also has grassfed ground beef for $4/lb, but they also label "product of country x,y, and z".
    @ TBONE - food labeling laws are funny (wierd, not haha). The way I understand it, if they are getting meat from multiple sources and so long as they declare what those sources are they "comply". I guess you have to be comfortable with any and all countries listed.
    "I am a member of PETA...People Eat Tasty Animals"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast