Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Trader Joe's grass fed beef page 3

Katzenboyer is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by etsmom View Post
    kat - then it is not grass fed. Yep, corn, soybean, etc. If it is certified, then it is 100% orgainc grain fed. If it does not say certified - don't waste your money.
    Thanks -- so should I bother eating the stuff?

TCOHTom is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzenboyer View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I'm more concerned about how my food is raised than the grain/grass diet. I think that local, pastured beef is the best choice out there; it supports our local farmers and our local environment. On the other hand, if you can get 'organic' (non-CAFO) beef within your budget it's not such a bad choice. If you're concerned about the omega ratios, include shellfish in your diet.

Kev
    Kev is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzenboyer View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, we eat Grass-fed most of the time, but sometimes end up with some conventional meat on the table, and many folks can't afford or don't have easy access to grass-fed beef who have been successful on the PB.
    Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Angieh is offline Senior Member
    Mine doesn't carry it either.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    We're moving and getting a chest freezer; as soon as we're done I'm going to the local TJ's and buying their entire stock of grass-fed ground beef. One package is a meal for me and the husband; two packages is a meal for me, him and the kiddos or me, him and a guest or two. It's awesome tasting stuff - I just add coconut oil or butter to up the fat content when I cook it.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

K.ROB is offline Senior Member
    TJ by me carries it now(i don't really like shopping there though) and Costco in my area carries it for $4 something. 75 percent of the meat I eat now is all this ground beef. Its not local meat but the price is right.

ben61820 is offline Junior Member
    the only grassfed beef my local TJ has is ground beef. all the steaks, roasts, etc are all labelled "vegetarian fed." The grassfed ground stuff isnt too good though. I made a couple burgers. Its ok i guess. I like a little fattier grind i think. If i recall correctly the package was 85 15 - bit too lean for my liking.

Texan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TCOHTom View Post
    I'm probably in the minority here but I'm more concerned about how my food is raised than the grain/grass diet. I think that local, pastured beef is the best choice out there; it supports our local farmers and our local environment. On the other hand, if you can get 'organic' (non-CAFO) beef within your budget it's not such a bad choice. If you're concerned about the omega ratios, include shellfish in your diet.
    This is the only comment that keeps me from completely pulling my hair out (if I had any). I don't understand y'all. Why do you care what TJ carries? Buy meat from someone local. If you don't know of a local producer then order it from one of the many that ship. You may pay a little more than $5 but you will get ground, roast and steak for the price. If you want a recommendation just ask. There are so many ranchers and farmers struggling to make ends meet and TJ buys from Australia? That is enough reason not to shop there ever. Support your local economy. We have been in recession because we want everything cheaper, so we buy from China or Guatemala instead of buying US. We all have the power to change this countries direction by buying local! Quit worrying about a company that does not support our local economy and find a local rancher or farmer at localharvest.org or eatwild.com.

Proudly eating grassfed beef for the last 13 years always from local ranchers!
    Texan

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    I share a small refrigerator and freezer with 4 other people, all eating SAD, one vegetarian. I don't have the space or $ for my own freezer. buying the bulk required for me to be able to afford mail-order is not gonna work. For me, to be able to pick up 100% grass fed organic meat at trader joes means I get to eat grass fed meat.

Texan is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by moonablaze View Post
    I share a small refrigerator and freezer with 4 other people, all eating SAD, one vegetarian. I don't have the space or $ for my own freezer. buying the bulk required for me to be able to afford mail-order is not gonna work. For me, to be able to pick up 100% grass fed organic meat at trader joes means I get to eat grass fed meat.
    Don't think you're the Lone Ranger there moonablaze. As long as you keep saying, "I am doing the best I can with what is here", you will never get any better than what you have! What you should be saying is, "How can I make this work?" and figure it out. You will never get any more out of life than what you have if you continue doing what you are doing now. I am guessing you are young enough to be my child so I tell you nothing more than I tell my children. Quit thinking small and start thinking large. If you want suggestions, just ask!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast