Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trader Joe's grass fed beef page 2

Ouis is offline Member
    the TJ's organic grassfed ground beef is wonderful--I've been using it since they started carrying it, and I think it tastes great and is priced reasonably-

mc9000 is offline Junior Member
    It's $5.99/lb at my local TJ's in San Jose, CA. It's Australian grass-fed beef, 85/15.

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Just following up. TJ's customer relations replied and said the 100% grass fed beef is just that - 100% grass fed. All the other beef they sell is grass-fed and grain finished.

TimActor is offline Junior Member
    Go New Zealand and Australian cows!

A very proud Kiwi here! Will buy this meat when I hit LA and NYC in a week's time!

Tim

Egerland is offline Senior Member
    Glad to hear about the TJ's Aussie beef. I don't believe there are any feed lots in OZ. A few years ago they had frozen Aussie steaks - they were very good.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    So far they're still carrying it at my TJs here in San Diego. I usually pick up two or three... hope it stays, tho! I'd better keep buying for now!

Katzenboyer is offline Junior Member
    I know I'm resurrecting a thread from a few months ago, but I had a similar question.

I picked up some Australian tri-tip roasts and flank steak. The label says certified organic, no antibiotics/pesticides used, and 100% vegetarian feed. It doesn't say grass fed -- so my question is, is there a catch? Does "vegetarian fed" mean corn and soybean product? If so, am I going to be in trouble eating it for the week?

Thanks for the help all.

etsmom is offline Member
    kat - then it is not grass fed. Yep, corn, soybean, etc. If it is certified, then it is 100% orgainc grain fed. If it does not say certified - don't waste your money.

etsmom is offline Member
    oops, just saw you said is was certified. Good. No junk in it but the grain. Way better than all other options except, of course, grass fed.

Egoldstein is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    According to the manager at my TJ's they started carrying the Australian grass fed out of customer demand. Thus far, they only have 2 cuts at my local TJ's, ground beef and stew meat, so I am trying lots of recipes for those. You have to read the label carefully, because it looks similar to the other beef that is grain finished.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast