Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dr Rosedal on Calcium page 2

Lewis is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That is a totally inaccurate caricature of Dr. Rosedale's work and positions (probably gleaned from one of Kurt Harris' recent rants). I think Dr. Rosedale deserves some serious props for being someone who has tried to debunk the whole "eat low fat for health and longevity" paradigm for decades, long before Primal/paleo was cool.
    Et ego in Arcadia.

I guess most of us know whether to pay attention to highly educated and experienced medical doctors or to the twitchy-fingered board trolls who feel threatened by them.

It would be better if they were able to sit on their hands, but it's not going to happen.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Have you actually read Dr. Rosedale's book? I have. Nowhere does he say that we are all diabetic or that sugar is toxic in and of itself (in large quantities over time, yes, but Mark says that too). He does promote ketosis as being a way to optimize health but he never says anyone who isn't constantly in ketosis is dooooomed.

Read the book first. Then come back and criticize.
    haven't read his book, but he's all over the internet saying that stuff! in his debates with paul jaminet and others. i'm not making this shit up.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I guess most of us know whether to pay attention to highly educated and experienced medical doctors or to the twitchy-fingered board trolls who feel threatened by them.
    dear lewis,
    blow me.
    love,
    twitchy-fingered board troll.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    haven't read his book, but he's all over the internet saying that stuff! in his debates with paul jaminet and others. i'm not making this shit up.
    In a debate situation stuff gets taken out of context, exaggerated and mis-represented by the opponent, thrown back and forth. Then the debate is Monday Morning quarterbacked by a bunch of other sites and bloggers further distorting the truth. You have managed to get a very slanted view of his actual positions. Beyond distorted, just flat out wrong. Really, his book is excellent. Well worth the read.

Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    dear lewis,
    blow me.
    love,
    twitchy-fingered board troll.
    Now, now. Don't bite Lewis' head off just because somebody took your coffee away.

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    He has a book? *makes a note* I'll read anything. Right now I'm reading the Starch Solution... although mostly for giggles, and I got it from the library. I'm not paying money for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12