Thread: Found this interview with Ornish and Rosedale from 1999, interesting page

Moochy is offline Senior Member

Found this interview with Ornish and Rosedale from 1999, interesting

Primal Fuel
    Rosedale has softened his stance on saturated fats since then (as has as Cordain).

I think Rosedale as a physician treating diabetes is very credible. I am working on metabolic syndrome myself after trashing my body on the SAD way of eating for decades. If your fasting blood sugar is over 100 (pre diabetes) you are on your way to full blown diabetes AND your insulin levels have been abnormally high for a LONG time which is not healthy. Physicians do not measure for insulin levels. If they did we would not even have to get to 100+ pre diabetes states.

Anyway, here is the link to the interview
    Last edited by Moochy; 08-24-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Interesting. McDougall, Ornish and the rest of the Vegan Avengers all say that whole grains/fiber do not raise your blood sugar. Here are some folks with diabetes commenting of blood sugar and fiber ingestion.

Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food. Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Thanks. Downloading it now.
    What is better?
    Extremely low fat/high carb
    or
    Extremely low carb/high fat.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.

Kate Ruckman is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Thanks. Downloading it now.
    What is better?
    Extremely low fat/high carb
    or
    Extremely low carb/high fat.

The truth probably lies somewhere in the middle.
    I try to avoid extremes, but high carb/low fat sure doesn't seem to work for many of us.
    Best--
    Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I think Ornish's 10% fat is pretty stupid. That would basically exclude all nuts, olives, eggs, avocados. The 30% low fat is definitely livable. They both seem to have changed their views a bit from this video. Make me wonder how much they might change again in another 12 years.