I have started the couch to 5 k and I'm doing it in minimal, or no shoes Before anyone yells at me for going too fast I want to say I jogged on a rebounder in bare feet 45 minutes a day for three weeks, then started walking around in beach (water) shoes for over a month, at the same time doing a small amount of running on the weekends in the beach shoes. Plus I've walked barefoot in the house my whole life. I've watched many videos and have the idea of the basics of how to run correctly. So I'm going slow

I'm also thrilled that I have no knee pain. As far back as my 20's when I tried to run my knee would start giving me problems. Now I'm 20 years older and weigh a lot more than I did back then but now that I'm running bare or minimal - no knee pain. Freaking amazing.

I also credit the way I'm eating with the energy I have to do this now. I've been grain free for a year but this month I am doing the Whole30 and apparently dairy was the last puzzle piece for me. I feel fantastic

Anyway, I would appreciate any tips or videos or book recommendations anyone has for an out of shape, middle aged woman trying to take up running. Anything. Videos on form, how to reduce soreness, how to improve my breathing - whatever. I'm sure there's stuff out there I haven't seen.

I really want to run. I've always liked the idea but thought I couldn't because of my knees. I'm tickled pink to find that wasn't the case, so I want to make this work.

Thanks in advance for any advice or encouragement