Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone actually using Primal Fuel? Any alternatives? page 3

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I swear this stuff is like Hobbit cakes. You eat a little bit and it keeps you full for ages.
    Technically that was Elven lembas bread. (I'm sorry, I'm a stickler on such matters; see avatar.)

There are a lot of whey powder variants on the market, but if you really need something which is not messy and doesn't need any prep whatsoever, maybe the Primal Fuel is the best option. If you're not into coconut, you're probably better off with plain whey powder.

Danielle, check the ingredient list. If the whey powder had sugar alcohols like xylitol or mannitol or sorbitol or any --ol , that might be what gives you gas. Stevia might be a better option, and it doesn't seem to be as sweet.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    Technically that was Elven lembas bread. (I'm sorry, I'm a stickler on such matters; see avatar.
    No, not at all. I was trying to remember that name. Thank you. Been a while since I read Tolkien.

qqemokitty is offline Senior Member
    I must have looked at a dozen at least different brands of protein shakes this weekend at no less than three different stores. I was less than impressed - honestly Primal Fuel does look like the least of the evils. That being said, after discussing the overall with my boyfriend, we agree that I should make better effort to eat whole food during my lunch rather than try to "cheat" lunches with something less than Paleo or less than Whole30.. I am doing a Whole30 in September.

So this week I am eating fruits, veggies, nuts, and a hardboiled egg for lunches, which I will have to remember to pack either at night or in the morning, and of course remember to take it with me in the morning (the hard part, for me). My boyfriend pointed out that it seemed silly to have something like a meal replacement shake when so much of my time is spent obsessing about whole foods and eating naturally and communing with my food and so forth. It seemed a much more simple-wholesome-life decision to just get my ass up 10 minutes earlier in the morning than shell out 80 bucks for an admittedly un-paleo chemical option.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback. I am definitely going to treat myself to the fancy gourmet grassfed beef jerky when I get paid!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123