Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Back 2 Basics page 8

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    It did end up to be a pretty good day yesterday as we ended the evening with family movie night. Stayed up past my usual bed time and still woke up pretty early this morning. I must have been thinking about all of the little things that I need to do this weekend as it seems like a mountain right now, but something I can conquer.

I have a 5 day field trip with 30 students starting on Wednesday which I am both kind of excited and dreading. This is going to be one of those great experiences for the kids, but chaperoning 24/7 will be exhausting. Another 3 days out of my classroom means a ton of additional planning for those students, making sure the work is not busy-work, but truly meaningful and then a lot of grading when I return. But all of those things do not worry me as much as eating out for 5 days and the choices I will need to make. I am going to need to be strong on this. The hotel we are staying at has a mini-fridge in the rooms so I can keep a supply of HWC for my morning coffee which btw, I think I will need ample of since I already know that my sleep will suck. The key will be planning and constant reminders of good choices.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

B2B
    Laundry , grocery shopping and planning all set for this week. I made chicken cordon bleu casserole last night and am cooking up a big pot of soup for the hubby. Next on my list is the usual light cleaning and to school for a couple of hours followed by whatever crazy adventures we can get into this evening...I am torn between a cup of hot tea while relaxing or tackling on of my many projects in the basement. To be continued......
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Saturday was perfect food wise, Sunday was horrible. Poor choices on my part, I did not listen very closely to my body. Had I done that and looked closely at the calendar, I would have realized that it's TTOTM! Uugghhhh. So for today I have pre tracked all of my food choices with many of the choices that will keep me feeling full and content (as they have done in the past). Bring on Monday.....
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Successful day food wise. No snacking, no poor choices and kept on track. Very excited, I am optimistic that today will be another great day as I have pre-tracked all of my food and have plenty of food options.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    11 days later she updates her journal....

It has been a crazy, exhausting, jam-packed 11 days. I am still in catch up mode and am really looking for a bit of relaxing without my mind listing out all of the things that I need to do. I am not sure if that will ever happen, but one can wish.

Big, big news.... I jumped on the scale as I do most mornings and I saw a number that has eluded my for eons! I hit my primal low today!!!!! I changed my signature almost immediately and have been giggling to myself ever since. It is like that goal weight is now truly attainable, not just that super-dim light at the end of the longest tunnel ever. I have been telling myself once I get there, I would reevaluate the number and see how I am feeling. 16 pounds until then. I just have to constantly remind myself that this is a process that will take time and I cannot expect instant changes overnight. Slow and steady wins the race.

Keep keeping on.....
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Great day yesterday, accomplished a huge task list and found some time to relax and watch the MU/Butler bball game with DH. Lunch and dinner were super easy....cheesy broccoli-cauliflower-chicken soup with leftovers for our lunches this week and taco salads for dinner...yummmmm.

Today will be a crap-shoot food wise as we have to travel to the big city for a family birthday. I am planning to eat a pretty big brunch at home and then see what the birthday party brings. My husband's family thinks I am a weird eater, so only nibbling on a few things and not having any cake will be no huge surprise to them. Just knowing I have some yummy leftovers @ home will make all of the difference when we return.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    I absolutely love coffee. Make no mistake about it, I love, love, love it. My standard is a huge mug on work mornings and then a large travel mug to go to work with me. I even have a "fresh" cup then in the early afternoon at work. A bit of HWC and a hot, heavy mug of the good stuff in my hands is pure joy. Imagine my surprise when I can't even finish my first mug of coffee in the morning. For the past 3 days it has been like this. I drink some in the morning as usual and then I am done.....just like that. I don't want any more and can't even think of having another cup later. My travel mug is feeling lonely in the cupboard (i think i heard it wimper this morning ). Crazy!! What is up with this?
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    3/4 of a mug of coffee again this morning. Is this just a phase or what? We shall see. Yesterday the kiddo and I went to the big city to do bit of shopping. Nothing too exciting...laundry soap, fabric softener, toilet paper,.... Like I said not a lot of excitement. We did happen into one of those department stores where the kiddo found a new pair of kicks and I found a cool looking pair if jean capris. Again, the excitement level was pretty low, with the exception that those capris are another size smaller!! Yup, I am starting to get geeked for summer as I am seeing some great results from my slow and steady progress.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Your tastes are changing. I, like you, loved my coffee. It no longer brings me pleasure. I am about to drop it altogether after 40 years of drinking it. The plus side? You won't be spending as much on coffee!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

B2B
    Oh, Honeybuns, it saddens me that my love affair may becoming to an end. But this really should not surprise me as so many things have changed in the past 2 years since I started this new journey.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast