Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Back 2 Basics page 7

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Mini-fast didn't happen...not the end of the world. We ended up carpooling up to the swim meet and decided to stop at subway for lunch before getting there as no one wanted concession stand food. I ended up with a chicken bacon ranch chopped salad. It was OK and truthfully I didn't want to look too weird by not eating anything.....people think I am weird already because I don't eat bread for Pete's sake! If they only knew the extent of what I eat they would be running for the hills as I am stuck in small town SAD-Land. Anyway, the swim meet was long, exciting at times and DS did very well considering he has a good case of bronchitis and had only just started the antibiotics the doc prescribed the day before. He had some pretty fast split times with his relay groups and they performed better than expected, so props to them!!

Late dinner last night when we finally made it home, just threw some venison cheeseburgers on the grill with some easy side dishes. Ended up for the day being pretty high on the protein as one burger didn't seem to satisfy me. So the macros ended up to be 64/28/7. Not too worried about it, this is what can happen when I am not at home planning out my meals and cooking them. One day does not a week make.

For the rest of the day, some menu planning, grocery shopping, soup making and then tackling the huge stack of papers/labs that I have to get graded. I did find this rexipe southwestern creamy taco soup yesterday on my morning blog hunt I think I will try today...we shall see.
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

B2B
    Tuesday already and I had not recapped Sunday and Monday....somehow time simply slipped away and I am not sure where it all went, darn it.

Sunday: accomplished my list including making the Creamy Southwestern Taco soup. Definitely a keeper as it is in my counter recipe/food log journal. The great thing about the soup is that I could only eat one bowl, it is that filling (even DH agrees) and I am a soup-a-holic. I ended the day with 71/21/8 (f/p/c). I am thinking I still need to reign in my protein a bit as this was 82 grams which is over my target. My average for the week falls right around this same breakdown (72/20/8).

Monday: pretty normal day at school. There is talk of more weather heading our way and the potential for another snow day. Normally no big deal, but this week is exams week so contingency plans are being formulated for Wednesday. Oh well, it is what it is. I wasn't hungry for lunch, btw I hate having lunch from 10:50-11:20 in the morning. I should be used to this as it has been this way for years. Anyway, I really pigged out when I got home, leftovernight seems to do that as everything was ready to go and be zapped in the microwave. 78/17/4 is where I landed yesterday and felt really good. I managed to keep the protein at 62 g.

As for today, it is just another day in paradise. I am going to try and eat some soup mid day so I am not as ravenous for dinner, we shall see, since I have only been trying to eat when I am hungry, but that was a lot of food for dinner last night. Thursday is the big weigh and measure day and I am feeling pretty optimistic!
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Another snow day....on a day of final exams....eek gads, what next!! At least the phone call came last night so I could sleep in a bit...a whole 45 minutes, but I will take it! My neighbor even came by early and plowed us out so the only thing we really have to shovel is the apron in front of the garage, hurray!

Yesterday ended up being another successful eating day as I am feeling like I got this. My macros ended up being 78/17/5. My protein was a nit higher than my goal, but still in what I consider my acceptable range. The sharp cheddar cheese snack I had last night did not help, but I love cheese and I felt like I needed a bit more after dinner. I did eat some of my creamy tomato bisque soup yesterday at lunch and managed not to be so ravenous by the time I walked in the door @ 5:30 pm.

I just mapped out today on MFP and as it stands right now my macros should be 77/14/9. Lunch will be leftover creamy southwester taco soup and for dinner I will attempt a blackened chicken with a creamy avocado/cilantro sauce along with a salad. And since I have time I was thinking of attempting some cream cheese clouds, they just sounded so good and I have everything in the house, so no special trips for ingredients, it is a snow day after all!

Other than my food focus today, I can clean up some of those little things around the house that have been bugging me and prod DS to keep prepping/studying for his exams as they will not go away and will be taking most of them tomorrow, weather permitting!
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Not a very productive day on many fronts yesterday and I am totally to blame on that one. Ended up being another lazy snow day but this time I peat what seemed like everything in sight...I think my kitchen sink is missing a huge part of the left corner!! I did discover that those cream cheese clouds I have read about are definitely not for me as I can not stop at 1 or 2 or dare I say even 3. Way too addicting and not worth it. For the first time since I started tracking everything, I stopped as every macro was going through the roof and I could not stop making trips ton the kitchen, not really out of hunger, but boredom. I just did not realize it at the time, I should have wrote down my list to cross off yesterday instead of just thinking a out those odds and ends to do. Enough said about yesterday. It happens and does not define me or completely derail everything I have been working on. So onto today, with my list!!!!

No cancellations, so it will be business as usual. I have my food plans for today in check and my list of tasks is ready to be checked off for what will inevitably be a full, busy day with the end of the trimester and exams....so let the day begin and here is to positive thoughts and actions!
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Uugghhhhhh! I did great until about 8 pm last night. I was simply chilled as the weather had dipped and the house was on the cool side. I started out with a cup og hot tea which usually does the trick and the moved to a boat load of nuts which did not do the trick. So then I figured I might as well finish off the chips and salsa....COULD.NOT.STOP!!!!! I probably should have grabbed some broth first as I have plenty in the house. I can look back now and figure out strategies, just could not see them last night. This morning I am feeling full and have barely finished my usual cup of coffee. Gotta get back to my basics as they have really helped.

As for the month of February, my weight loss was negated after these past 2 days, but I did shred some inches, 2-3/4 inches are gone off of my frame. 1/2 of an inch disappeared off of my hips and another 1/2 of an inch off of my chest just in the second half of the month. All of that is progress in the right direction. Slow and steady wins the race, right.

Now for March, I will increase my activity, try to keep "clean" with my eating, continuing to track my macros (along with measuring and weighing my food) and really, really try and listen/figure out what my body is trying to tell me it needs before going off the deep end. This is totally doable!! In it to win it!
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Found my way out of tortilla chip hell!! No self control, as she shakes her head. But no since dwelling on that episode, onward and upward.....which was yesterday. While my protein was higher than I would have liked it, everything else went well. Accomplished a boat load at work, eat pretty well and managed to grocery shop on a Friday night, which is way out of the norm for me. It was nice getting up this morning and not having to think about going out in the cold and figuring out the meals for the week as it was done. Ahhhhhh, my list checking off has already begun for the weekend!!!

Pretty low key day with chores, soup making and another game night with the gang...so dinner will be out, but I am confident that I can make some good choices. It is all up to me.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    I don't think I am fully listening to what my body is telling me. Or is it that am not understanding what it really wants. It is like I am only getting half of the message.....or half listening. Am I really that hungry or is it thirst? Am I eating too fast that the full signal is delayed and then I feel miserable? Am I really this tired or is it being lazy or merely procrastinating on what seems to be a mountain to overcome? I know my stress level has been elevated with the trimester transition, the 3 days I will be out of my classroom on a 5 day field trip with 30 students coming up, keeping up at home, outside commitments, ..... The list goes on and I am feeling a bit buried as my lists seem endless and difficult to tackle.

Stress is a crazy thing and for the most part, self inflicted on my part. Now I just need to start being realistic with what I can accomplish each day, be productive and positive, fuel my body with good, high quality food and say no to the added tasks that I known will not be able to fully complete and done right. Trying to be perfect all of the time is taking it's toll on me. A bit of perspective is in order.....
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Accomplished an absolute ton yesterday. Am I done? Nope, not even close, but feeling pretty great about all of my progress. I made it to school by 9 am yesterday and spent 6 extremely productive hours getting ready for the new tri. Made my way home, did some light cleaning, roasted 2 chickens for dinner so we could have more leftovers during the week making life easier, made some chicken broth, finished up my end of a project for a breakfast fundraiser next month and ended the nit with wrapping up some paperwork at home and cleaning off my desk. Whew! I feel that part of a huge burden has been lifted. Now I just need to keep the momentum.

On the food front, yesterday was looking. With so much to do yesterday I didn't want to eat any large meals and then feel miserable, especially after the end of last week. The broth was delish and just what the doctor had ordered. I need to keep drinking that daily. I am going to make sure I have a stock at school too, as it is a great "snack."
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    I have been pretty strict these past two days, weighing and measuring all of my foods, pre tracking in MFP and really trying to listen to what my nosy is telling me. Water, hot tea and broth have been my go to items the past two days. I have been drinking 2 cups of broth and at least one cup of tea in the evening and it seems to have help me from wanting to stand in front of the pantry or fridge. My energy has also been pretty steady and mainly high as well. We shall see where this takes me.....
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's Friday, it's Friday!!!! So happy its Friday...can you tell. Yesterday was right on track with all of my macros. I have been feeling pretty great overall and not feeling like I could eat a cow at every meal. The scale has been doing it's hovering thing not wanting to really move south as much as I will it to but the upside is that I am feeling extra room in my clothes! Last night I made pork and mushroom stir fry (PORK & MUSHROOM STIR-FRY - Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes) which was pretty tasty. The fam really likes traditional stir fry, but soy sauce scares the crap out of me and I am not in-like with coconut aminos, so this was a nice departure as it says at the bottom of the recipe that is is not an Asian stir fry. The boys ate this with rice while I opted for a salad. It hit the spot, for sure.

Not expecting many surprises today, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing as the weekend is ushered in.....the only downside I see right now is the switch from daylight savings time which in really can't stand. Spring ahead means one less hour this weekend.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast