Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Back 2 Basics page 10

B2B
    B2B is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by honeybuns View Post
    Being bloated all the time turned out to be caused by dairy in my case. No dairy since March for me and now it is a whole lot easier to tell when a different food causes me to bloat. My sinuses haven't been this clear in 45 years!
    Now that you mention it, my sinuses are much clearer. I remember when I first truly eliminated the grains and processed foods that my sinuses did clear quite a bit, but not completely. Wow, less bloating and sinus relief....two great reasons to stick with this. Thanks for the insight!
    “Life is a journey, not a destination.”
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

SW (January 2011): 208.5
    LPW (March 23, 2013): 156.0
    CW (July, 4, 2013): 172

B2B
    What a full family day yesterday. It was Adopt-A-Highway Saturday yesterday, so we picked up trash along a 2 1/2 mile stretch of roadway with a group of friends, did our regular Saturday chores and then headed out for 9 holes of golf. It was simply a perfect day together, laundry included!!

I hadn't realized just how full the day was until we sat down after dinner and relaxed a bit in the living room. I was crashed out by 10 pm! Great night of sleep and I am ready to go today...just not sure what will be in store for us today.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Another fantastic weekend. Perfect weather + great family time. We packed up the bikes and headed to the rail trail and did the 10 mile loop with a pit stop for lunch. Miscalculated when I ordered, without thinking, I ordered the Greek salad. Darn you feta cheese! I scrapped off as much as I could, but it was also infused in the dressing. Not much I could do at that point, so I ate it. Now I am paying for it. My sinuses are completely stuffed! Uugghhhh. Double uugghhhh!! Yup, gotta stay away from the stuff. Lesson learned? I hope so.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Hit the ground running this morning...well at least walking at a good clip. Dropped the kiddo off at work and took the puppy for a couple of laps around the walking loop in town by the river. She was so happy with all of the new smells. I think she walked twice as far as she zigged and zagged all over the path! Felt pretty good after the first loop, gave the pup some water and did a second. So a good 2 miles in before 9 am with the temp only 80 degrees. Another hot one coming on today.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Another really good thing with getting exercise out of the way early! When the heat hits, you've already got the physical activity behind you and can coast through the rest of the day.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

B2B
    100 degree weather + amusement parks are not my friends. Spent the day on Thurday with the fam @ cedar point riding the coasters. I learned 2 things: not so much of a roller coaster fan anymore (kind of bummed on this) and figured out that rash that appeared above my sock line and in my inner leg must have been golfer's vasculitis or Disney rash. It has almost disappeared. I am just glad that it didn't itch.

Relaxed yesterday (because I needed it) and did a bit of garden harvesting. Peas, string beans, radishes and Swiss chard. I also started fermenting another batch of sauerkraut. I can't wait until that is ready. Yum.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Another fun-filled family weekend is in the books. I am really going to miss these when DS decides it is no longer cool to hang with the fam. Between the bike ride, 9-holes of golf, grandparents farm visit (in-laws), dinner/drinks/pool time with old friends, I am not sure how we were able to get a trip into the farm market, make some fermented pickles, and get the weekend chores done but we did it.

Since this past spring my coffee consumption has taken a drastic downturn -- just was not feeling the multiple cups of coffee throughout the day. Since the beginning of the month, I have had even less each day since I ditch the HWC. No regrets there, I feel much better without the dairy. So this morning I made a smaller pot of coffee for hubby and a mug of tea for me -- nothing special, just some Irish breakfast tea I had in the pantry. It was yummy, but it is one and done. I don't think there is a need for the coffee or caffeinated tea, I just like to hold the steamy mug in my hands in the morning....it's simply relaxing.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Day 2 without coffee, no problem, no headache, no lack of energy. I really do think it is just the habit of having a mug filled with a hot liquid in it that I really enjoy.

Just waiting for the weather to clear a bit more before I head out with the pup for a walk, then it is just some little tasks around the house and a couple errands for today. Dinner will be grilled chicken, smashed red potatoes (for the boys), Swiss chard, green beans and peas (all from the garden). Sounds like a plan.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Did pretty much nothing yesterday. I felt like crap, eat poorly, slept horribly and could not motivate myself out of this funk. I am stuck on somehow getting to this certain weight and all will be well. I know it is much more than a number, but uggghhhh!

OK, yesterday is done. I need some structure right now.... And motivation..... A kick in the butt...... A game plan... Some true motivation.....
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

B2B
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Still looking for that motivation. I know I will find it somewhere, I just need to focus on what is really important...long term health.

Prepping for a stay at the lake. Made some primal sloppy joes, not potato salad and am roasting a turkey right now. Less prep at the lake means more fun for all. Grab and go. My theory is that if I have things that ready and planned for the junk will not slip in too often. Vacation will not be my license for poor food choices.
    ― Ralph Waldo Emerson

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast