Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal - Squeaker page 2

Squeaker is offline Member
    NZ at the moment, soon to be back in the UK
    Wow, today is a landmark day for me.

1. Hopped on the scales this morning and I'm down to 130lbs.
    2. Its Saturday
    3. 5 weeks til we go home.
    4. My period is back! Just over a month after quitting the pill and I am officially bleeding. Am so happy. In the past I've tried quitting the pill twice. Each time by month 6, there was still no sign of my period, so I'd give up and go back on it for various PCOS/ doctor-advised health reasons. Now its back on its own. I'm convinced this is due to the PB.
    5. I've noticed my skin is much better than the other times I've tried to come off the pill. I have one big period related spot (seriously, it looks as though my forehead is growing a siamese twin....I call him Rupert), but other than that my skin is not too bad. On previous non-pill attempts I looked like pizza by this stage.

Will really celebrate when I've had three natural periods....fingers crossed this isn't some weird blip.

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooo!

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    "see if going Primal can squash my PCOS. I'd love to get my cycle back and improve my fertility without having to resort to drugs."

Vitamin D deficiency is a huge factor in PCOS and the regulation (or in this case, dysregulation) of blood sugar. Saw palmetto extract can also help reduce excessive production of androgens. The book _The Savvy Women's Guide to PCOS_ is excellent and totally fits with primal. I don't agree with some of her supplement recommendations but her overall information is excellent.

Vitamin D
    http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AV...A0d3BjMw&hl=en

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Squeaker is offline Member
    NZ at the moment, soon to be back in the UK
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks cillakat, I'll check that out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12