So yesterday it was miserable outside, and my motivation was pretty low, but I decided to make myself go to the gym and at least do something. So I went in to test my 1RM for Power Cleans as I'd estimated at 45kg.
Pleasantly surprised to find I could lift 52.5kg! I've never really power cleaned before except that initial clean to get the barbell in position for pressing, so I was pleased with myself. I tried 55 and failed though, so it was either an insufficient rest before that attempt, or down to my poor form. I can't quite seem to get that jump that most power cleaners do, instead just raising up on my toes at the top of the lift so I'm going to try and fix that.
All in all was a good day, highlighted one of my MAJOR primal problems though: I eat FAR too much bread! That's going to have to stop, or at least be cut back on. But regardless, a good day. Now I've got all my 1RM's for definite I can start slotting them in to the Starting Strength spreadsheet and find out my weights for the coming weeks.