Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forks Vs. Knives page 2

stumprrp is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    My girlfriend ordered my this movie last year and we didnt even watch it after i read the back of the box. If its anything like the "medi fast" diet that SO many of my co-workers did, i still dont want to watch it. Id say 8 people did that diet and only 2 of them kept the weight off, which made them look sickly. 500 calories a day + all these shots and crap, its terrible.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    I just tried to watch this movie. I simply cannot. The simple fact that these people don't understand was we are here today because we ate animals. All the health issues we deal with today didn't exist 10,000 years ago. Sure, people get better when they start eating whole foods, lots of vegetables and less sugar; it has nothing to do with abstaining from animal products.
    "The problem with quoting someone on the Internet is, you never know if it's legit" - Abraham Lincoln

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    I can only hope I look twice as healthy as Bill Clinton at his age...

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    i actually think that movie is a very poor representation of the vegan argument. It's kind of like they got all the vegan gurus together and shot a little film that tried to wrap up the main points of "The China Study". They did a poor job with it though, and I didn't find it all that convincing (and keep in mind that I watched that while I was still vegan).

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I eat with a knife AND a fork... sometimes a mothafuking SPOON too!
    And let's not forget the chopsticks.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    search this site for COUNTLESS other threads beckoning
    the same question

read all the replies

RobinNM is offline Senior Member
    You could tell them that the goal is to be normally weighted AND healthy. Bill Clinton, while he had lost weight and people thought he looked good because he was more slender than he had been prior to his daughter's wedding, looked like death warmed over in my opinion. Seriously. I thought he looked ill. Any "diet" that makes you look like that can't be good for you.

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinNM View Post
    You could tell them that the goal is to be normally weighted AND healthy. Bill Clinton, while he had lost weight and people thought he looked good because he was more slender than he had been prior to his daughter's wedding, looked like death warmed over in my opinion. Seriously. I thought he looked ill. Any "diet" that makes you look like that can't be good for you.
    Of course. He looks horrible.

jackson44 is offline Senior Member
    One of the producers of this dock, works out at muscle beach in Santa Monica. I hate to pass judgement on him, but he looks awful! Typical skinny/fat and he's weak as hell. Can't do more than 2 pullups.

Again, it's probably wrong of me to write about this, but us locals at Muscle Beach always look at him as an answer to not be a vegan.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast