Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trying to be the best me, Primally-My Journal page 2

PrimallyJenna is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Okay, I will admit it was a mistake to attempt a Whole30 when I knew I would be going to a fair and spending a couple days with my parents. I ate not whole30 this weekend, so I am going to re-start my whole30. I have a work lunch meeting tomorrow and I think, given the option, it will be better to not be worried about all the details (what oil meat is cooked in, is there soy sauce, etc), so I won't officially start anything until Thursday. I will continue tracking my meals, but there will likely be a few non-compliant items.

For the next couple days I'll eat primal then go back in to the Whole30 with a better mindset, however, I'm not going to call this an official Whole30 because in 20 days, I will be going out of town for work for an entire week. All my meals are provided and I did request gluten and dairy free, but I still doubt it will be Whole30-oils, sugars, etc. So I'll eat clean until the trip, eat the best I can with what I'm provided while I'm gone, then return to Whole30 eating when I return (though possibly not an official Whole30 so I can make a paleo treat for my birthday).

Yesterday's meals:
    Breakfast: Zucchini-egg "muffin", collard greens, oven-roasted tomatoes
    Lunch: Chicken leg, apple (not sure what kind, small-remind me of a sour gala; they're from my CSA)
    Dinner: Pork tenderloin, sauteed zucchini and onions, 1/2 frozen banana, few grapes (these were really interesting from the CSA-kind of taste like grape juice, lots of seeds)

While I was visiting my parents they gave me a huge bag of zucchini from their garden, so that will be appearing a lot this week. I also have tickets to a concert tomorrow so I'll need to pack some sort of picnic for dinner. I have left-over chicken that I oven-roasted Sunday, so probably that and a vegetable, maybe an apple.

I am quickly remembering what sleep deprivation feels like...went to an amazing concert last night, but got home super late and had to get up for work this morning. I'm definitely dragging today, but it was worth it.

Yesterday's summary:
    Activity: Crossfit WOD and long walk to/from concert

Breakfast: Zucchini-egg muffin, 1/2 avocado, chicken
    Lunch: Avocado Curry (favorite Thai place)
    Dinner (packed and brought to concert): Chicken, 2 zucchini-egg muffins, apple, 1/2 banana (split w/boyfriend)

Packing dinner for the concert yesterday was a great idea. I felt so good sitting and eating my roasted chicken while people around us bought $10 beers and funnel cakes and other fried stuff. This venue also allows you to bring one 20oz. bottle of water/person so we didn't spend a dime at the concert.

CSA pick-up is tonight and this week sounds awesome. The meat for the week is bacon patties-I'm not positive what these will be, but nothing made of bacon can be bad. They also allow you to add items to your order, like grassfed beef, pastured chickens/eggs, low temp. pasteurized, non-homogenized milk. This week I added grassfed ground beef and soup bones. Their soup bones could be the most amazing find ever. For $3.50 you get a 1.5 lb beef shank with tons of meat and marrow. I have made stock with them, but this week I'm planning to braise them (recipe in Paleo Comfort Foods).

I should also find out soon when my 1/4 beef will be ready and the final weight. I am really looking forward to a fully stocked freezer of local grass-fed beef. Right now we have so little meat in there it's sad.

9/6/2012 Summary

Activity: walk to/from class

Breakfast: Chicken, 1/2 avocado
    Lunch: Chicken, apple
    Snack (before class): banana, coconut butter
    Dinner: Bratwurst, mashed kohlrabi with butter, sauerkraut

Last night the farm called for my beef order and to get my cutting instructions. Freezer will be full next Thursday-and he told me none of the others wanted liver, heart, or tongue so I get all three and lots of marrow bones. People don't know what they're missing. This same farm also offers whole lamb-seriously thinking of ordering one if I have enough space, the price can't be beat.

Yesterday definitely wasn't my best day-I went to Cedar Point with my sister so there were some fried potatoes and a little ice cream, but I guess it could have been worse.

But I am super excited today. I hadn't been feeling like I was making a lot of progress at crossfit, but today we did 5x3 deadlifts which were supposed to be at 85% of 1 RM, but I could do all 5 sets at what was my 1 RM. Then there were KB swings and for the first time I did them Rx with the 35 lb KB. Now I feel really great-even if I still struggled with push-ups and was the last person done.

Summary 9/10/12

Activity: Crossfit

Breakfast: 3 eggs topped with marinara
    Lunch: Salad with 1/2 avocado, turkey; carrots
    Dinner: Watermelon slice, salmon salad-homemade mayonnaise, salmon, celery, pickle, onion

After reading in the forums about Crio Bru, I ordered some a bit ago. Had it a couple times now and all I can say is WOW. I love this stuff. I highly recommend to anyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12