Thread: Hello from Indianapolis page

Catrin is offline Senior Member

Hello from Indianapolis

Shop Now
    I sure wish I had known about the Primal/Paleo approach 3 years ago when I was looking at 60+ pounds to lose and had just crossed the line to Diabetes 2! My journey since then might have been a bit easier if I had.

Since then I've lost 60 pounds and have reversed diabetes with a conventional diet and lots of exercise. I am a 52 year old cyclist and mountain biker - this is how I play. I also do pretty intense group training twice a week - a great way to lift heavy stuff safely and do other fun stuff. The group training is new but I love it.

With all of that work and progress, my BMI is barely in the normal range, and I am hoping that going Primal will be the last piece of the puzzle to change my body composition.

Most of my road riding is long and slower, I am no racer. I just started my 30 day experiment 4 days ago, and I've a 75 mile charity ride event in 27 days. Hopefully I will be over the carb flu by then and will have figured out how to fuel properly for a longer event. If I need to do so I can drop back to a 50 mile option the day of. I am glad to be here and looking forward to learning from and participating in this forum!

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Congratulations in already reversing your diabetes - that's great!

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Hey there! I'm in Indy too [well Speedway ]