Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wasting food!

Hybrid View

Wasting food!

I dont think there would be so much waste if you ate primal/paleo....I hardly waste a thing except for the bones i cant eat or the avocado skins Ide rather not chew on

Americans Waste 40% Of Food Supply, Somehow Still Fat : Gothamist

Obviously I need to buy more rotisserie chickens at the supermarket!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Except for the odd banana, I don't waste a single scrap of food anymore. I guess when you buy nasty, unappealing junk a lot goes uneaten and thrown away. I used to that a lot pre-Primal.

Virtually nothing gets thrown away since I started my Whole30 this month. Not eating out is really helpful, food wastage-wise.
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

This story has been making the rounds and unfortunately a lot of the waste is before it gets to the house. But even before primal I never threw much out. I get a kick out of people that will heave leftovers at some arbitrary point, like 3 days. And I'm never embarrassed about a doggie bag.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyBlue View Post
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.
    That would be a great T Shirt
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

I hate hate hate throwing out food. It frustrates me so much. I just hate blatant waste - of money and nutrition.

One of the reasons I get annoyed with the resurgence of "juicing" fifty pounds of produce down into a glass and throwing out the fiber.

I have a dog and kids (in that order ). Between those two and a compost bin we take care of most leftovers. Plan on adding chickens to the mix soon so that really should do the trick.

I sometimes waste food because I still haven't adjusted well to the reduced quantities I eat. I sometimes go a little too wild at the farmers market and bring home too much produce that's already ripe.
    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

What you don't eat, compost.