Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Epic "Failure" (Confession) page

Grokdaddy is offline Senior Member

Epic "Failure" (Confession)

Primal Fuel
    Hey yall it's been a while since I last visited. More like 2 months. In that time I have FAILED! I slowly began not living the primal lifestyle and went back to SAD and all that comes with it. Can't really say what caused it but I did switch shifts during that time. I don't know how much swithcing shifts (from days to graves) can affect your eating, excercise, etc. Most of this time I was eating 50% primal until last week. I had to travel to Seattle for one week for work. I was living out of a suitcase in a hotel and was given per diem. Which translate to eating out 3 x a day. I had all the usual suspects, BBQ, pizza, burgers (buns) candy and peanuts! Funny I was able to keep breakfast mostly primal but after that the day went to hell fast. I swear my instructor for the course was like a dope dealer with the candy. Once he got you hooked it was over lol. Once I came back home I said screw it and throughout this past weekend I did not resist the temptations and I am embarrassed by what I ate. Of course after the pigout weekend in came clarity and I promised myself I would drag my sorry ass back to the gym and resume primal. Coming here is the first order of business to confess my "sins" and for some added motivation. After work I am heading for a long walk before bed then it's lift heavy tomorrow. Boy I feel like a fat slob and my uniform and equipment is fitting kinda snug. All of this after I had been primal for almost six months straight, being overwhelmed by comments from ppl who was noticing how lean I was getting and touting primal to anyone who would listen (or forced to listen). I am such a hypocrite! I don't think I'll be a stranger to MDA and primal again.

Grokdaddy

Break your paragraphs up.

But don't sweat it, my friend, we all fail sometimes. We're humans, I am reminded of what Art DeVany, or Obama, once said:

"There is no failure, only feedback"

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Why confess? This isn't a religion. Suggest you focus on your self confidence and discipline (in all aspects).

Cheers
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

canuck416 is offline Senior Member
    Don't worry many of us have stopped and restarted leading to great success. Its part of the learning process and being human.

Forever Young is offline Senior Member
    Man oh man! You really are a failure dude!

I don't know how you can look in the mirror or sleep at night.

Oh that's right, you work at night.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    flog yourself with a stick of butter and pray Goddess Paula forgives you
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I know what it's like to need to get that kind of thing off your chest. Maybe start a journal thread in the journal part of the forum for such things.... I don't mean for it to sound like it'll happen again, but it's a good place to just jot down how you're feeling and progressing.

Great job getting back to it - you're not a hypocrite, you're just human!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Metric is offline Senior Member
    I agree. Start yourself a daily journal to log foods, exercise etc. That's where I put my failures. Like MJ said, it gives you a place to get it off your chest. Don't be so hard on yourself. Today is a new day.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    In reading "It Starts With Food", I was encouraged by the section where the authors talk about wandering away from Paleo, and then coming back, and how quickly our bodies will recover, once the initial healing has taken place.

Everyone wanders. You've come back. That's pretty much it. Today, eat well. Get some good sleep. Play. In a year, it will have made little/no difference.

Scott FM is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Epic failure seems a bit harsh- it seems more like drift but some times we need to jolt ourselves...

I've been there myself just recently. I also travel a lot and that makes it difficult to maintain a proper eating style. Take what happened as a blip on your radar and put it behind you.
    Just get back to things and you'll be fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast