Thread: P90x page

P90x

Shop Now
    I posted this on my journal page, but wanted to ask on here;

Does anyone on here do P90X and if so.. how does it work with your primal lifestyle?

I bought a copy a while ago and did a few sessions to see what it was like but not really tried it in anger.. Was going to start doing it properly within the next week or so!

Cheers

UC

mthornton99 is offline Junior Member
    It is a very good workout in my opinion. I did it prior to discovering PB and got good results even though I changed my eating habits very little(just stayed away from fast food, fried foods, etc). I would like to do it again now that my diet is much improved but I can't seem to find the time/motivation. It is not easy, but if you stick with it(every day) you will see results.

Daemonized is offline Senior Member
    I've done P90X years ago. I think it's good for people that are new to training. There are better and less time consuming ways to add muscle though. I would suggest finding a weight routine that works for you and exercise in ways that you enjoy. Tony's jokes are pretty stale the 9000th time you hear them.

mthornton99 is offline Junior Member
    I agree on the jokes comment and I also agree that you can get a quality workout in less time but hey, you've already bought the thing, you might as well do it at least once just to get your money's worth.

P90x is wack sauce, you gotta squat

dogfuel is offline Member
    I've never tried P90x - I didn't know if I had the discipline of motivation to go it alone at home back when I was a fat couch potato. I've heard and seen that it can make a difference BUT, P90x is intended as a 90 day kickstart... I'm not sure it is (or is intended to be) a lifetime fitness regime.

Agree with Dado, you gotta squat and will add that you gotta deadlift. P90x may be good, but without these it can't be great.

Didn't Mark first introduce Tony Horton to HIIT?

Coach Palfrey is offline Senior Member
    Irrespective of the quality of the programming, and despite what the media might have you believe, the Beachbody programs are pretty far removed from the primal living principles.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfuel View Post
    I've never tried P90x - I didn't know if I had the discipline of motivation to go it alone at home back when I was a fat couch potato. I've heard and seen that it can make a difference BUT, P90x is intended as a 90 day kickstart... I'm not sure it is (or is intended to be) a lifetime fitness regime.

Agree with Dado, you gotta squat and will add that you gotta deadlift. P90x may be good, but without these it can't be great.

Didn't Mark first introduce Tony Horton to HIIT?
    It just looks like way too much work, more like a hassle than something fun.

And all these guys, they want the fancy things without putting in the work on the strength first.

The better your strength foundation, the more you will benefit from silly shit like p90x if you ever choose to do it.

CE402 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Palfrey View Post
    Irrespective of the quality of the programming, and despite what the media might have you believe, the Beachbody programs are pretty far removed from the primal living principles.
    Agreed. I ran through P90x a few times a few years ago. It's good, it got me away from running 40 miles a week, but it's a recipe for over-training, too.

After I bought it, I ripped a few of the workouts to my iPhone for when I'm on the road. I find that doing 1/2 of their Plyo routine is a great conditioning drill, and a few of the other workouts are great for in hotel room workouts when you have little or no equipment available. They are quite scalable, and are also good motivation/pacing while working out.

The cardio, Plyo, and Kenpo routines are my go-to for hotel room workouts, still.

That being said, IMHO, nothing really replaces the barbell for strength training.