Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do AFTER you eat? page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

What do you do AFTER you eat?

Primal Fuel
    Just curious -- what do you do after a meal? Anything that would improve digestion?
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Most times, I do dishes~ and no, I don't think it improves digestion, I hate doing dishes.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    I usually watch tv, and I don't have an issue with indigestion since going primal. However I would suggest to you, if I may, that if you do have an indigestion problem - start cutting out one food at a time, for a few days at a time, keep a journal, and see if anything changes.

Experiment, experiment, experiment !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member
    I actually don't have any apparent digestion problems, just wondering how to make it even better
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    sorry, my bad !!!!! reading stuff into stuff - that aint there.
    Have some fun in the bedroom, or on the landing, the basement......I dunno, just use your imagination. I am sure as hell you will come up with some fun, animalistic, primal ways to use your after dinner time - appropriately !
    Us old wrinkled grey paleolithic types - well we just go with the flow.....if the zimmer frame doesn't get in the way !
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    I don't run after I eat - that's how I improve my digestion..
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

AussieNana is offline Member
    I take time to enjoy time with my husband, just talking about our day or watching a bit of TV. We try to make lunch and tea times time just to relax together. DH works split shifts most days so has to go back to work mid afternoon so its important to have unwind time during the day.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by echoyjeff222 View Post
    Just curious -- what do you do after a meal? Anything that would improve digestion?
    I drink a lot of water to help with breaking down the food that I ate and to keep things moving along.

Omni is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    I drink a lot of water to help with breaking down the food that I ate and to keep things moving along.
    Not sure about what to do after, but from what I've read there is some things you can do before eating:
    1/ make sure you hydrate well more than 30 min before, better 1 hour so you don't drink anything with meal or immediately after, this will ensure you do not dilute stomach acid and enzymes when you start eating, your stomach will add as much fluid as it needs to.
    2/ 15-20 min before the main meal, prepare and consume a small plate of bitter, sour foods, dried meats etc., just nibbles not enough for a meal, this will stimulate the digestive and many of the soured, cured foods meat & veg have bacteria that will make it past the stomach before the full on acid onslaught, this will help propogate your microbiota and prepare the entire digestive tract for the coming meal.
    3/Eat the main meal at a slower pace, stretch it out to atleast 30 min so that you're stomach can keep pace with your mouth and also allow it to tell you when it is full.
    4/About an hour after eating do some light movement, a walk (stroll) around the block, this is not cardio, just some light movement and letting gravity help the small intestine move the food through to the colon.
    5/ That's about all I can think of, now just sit back, settle down and go to bed when ready.

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    I drink water or seltzer, watch TV for a while with the boyfriend, shower, and read in bed until I can't keep my eyes open!
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast